Motability is a national charity set up at the initiative of the Government, with all party support, in 1977 and incorporated by Royal Charter. Their objective is to help disabled people with their personal mobility.
- Direct and oversee the Motability Scheme, administered by Motability Operations, which includes the Car Scheme and the Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme
- Manage the Government’s Specialised Vehicles Fund, specifically to help people who need a heavily adapted car
- Raise money for Motability Charitable Grants Programme to provide additional financial help to those people whose allowance does not cover the cost of the mobility solution they need
Lease for less than your allowance
The Motability Scheme allows disabled people to lease a car by exchanging their Government funded Motability allowance.
At smart, you can lease the smart forfour for a fixed weekly amount from just £51.75 with NIL advance payment. This means you keep £5.70 of your Motability allowance every week.
With smart Motability you also get a new smart every 3 years, full breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and more.
The Motability scheme benefits include:
- A new smart every 3 years
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- You don't have to drive - you can nominate up to two other drivers and pay a little extra for a third
- Replacement tyres and repair or replacement windscreen
- 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Annual tax
Our Motability Sales Specialist are on hand to help you find the smart car that’s right for you. You can be sure of a warm welcome and we are always here to help.