Terms and Conditions of Stratstone Move Me Closer © Pendragon PLC 2017
In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:-
a. “Appointment” means the appointment to view the Vehicle in accordance with Clause 7;
b. “Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership” means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Pendragon PLC group of companies, including but not limited to those trading as Evans Halshaw, which are listed on www.evanshalshaw.com/dealers/ and nominated by a Customer as the dealership they wish the Vehicle to be moved to under clause 6;
c. “Customer” means an individual who wishes to inspect a Vehicle at a Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership;
d. “Move Me Closer” means the process by which a Vehicle is moved at a retail Customers request in accordance with these terms and conditions;
e. “Order Form” means the standard form used by the Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership;
f. “Purchase” means the entering into a contract by the completion and signing of an Order Form;
g. “Transfer Fee” means the sum of £49 payable by a Customer in respect of a Vehicle refundable only in accordance with Clause 8;
h. “Revised Appointment” means the rearranging of the Appointment in accordance with Clause 10 and agreed to by Evans Halshaw;
i. “Vehicle” means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers) and light commercial vehicles (such as small vans and pick-up trucks and commercial vehicles) that a Customer wishes to be moved under Move Me Closer and which is advertised with the Move Me Closer logo;
j. “Working Day” means any day except Saturday, Sunday or any bank or customary public or statutory holiday in England and Wales;
2. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement or representation) to Move Me Closer.
3. Move Me Closer is only available to Vehicles advertised on www.evanshalshaw.com where the Vehicle is advertised with the Move Me Closer logo.
4. A Vehicle move under Move Me Closer can only be arranged via telephone call to the telephone on the advert for the Vehicle or by submitting the online request form available on the full vehicle details page online at www.evanshalshaw.com/search and which is subsequently confirmed by Evans Halshaw in writing or by telephone call.
5. To secure a Vehicle movement, the Transfer Fee must be paid by debit or credit card in the name of the Customer. The Customer must also provide their:
b. full postal address;
c. telephone number;
d. email address
e. chosen method of contact;
f. Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership;
6. Once the Transfer Fee is confirmed as paid, Evans Halshaw will move the Vehicle to the Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership within ten Working Days;
7. When the Vehicle arrives at the Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership, the Customer will be notified by their contact preference. At that time the Customer must make an appointment not more than two Working Days (or such other time as may be agreed in writing by Evans Halshaw) from that notification to attend the Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership to view the Vehicle.
8. After the Customer has paid the Transfer Fee, it may only be refunded in the following circumstances:-
a. Where the Move Me Closer does not occur at all, or in accordance with the time frame set out in Clause 6 unless such failure is attributable to the customer;
b. The Vehicle, either at the time of the payment of the Transfer Fee is, or at any time prior to the Move Me Closer becomes unavailable for sale; or
c. Upon attending the Appointment or the Revised appointment, the Customer and the Chosen Evans Halshaw Dealership agree that the Vehicle does not match the advertised specification.
9. Where a Customer is unable to attend an Appointment, they must notify Evans Halshaw by telephone or email to Evans Halshaw as detailed on the appointment confirmation email and make a Revised Appointment.
10. Where a Customer does not attend an Appointment or a Revised Appointment, the Vehicle shall be re-advertised for general sale and the Move Me Closer shall be deemed to be complete.
11. Customers may only make one Move Me Closer request at any one time and may not make another Move Me Closer request until they have inspected a Vehicle subject to a Move Me Closer request and decided not to Purchase that Vehicle.
12. Move Me Closer is only available on the mainland UK.
13. Move Me Closer may be withdrawn at any time following, but not before the cessation of any advertising campaign.
14. A person who is not a party to the terms herein shall not have any rights under or in connection with it and the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
16. The Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit the statutory rights of a consumer.