With nationwide approved VOSA MOT stations, testing over 1,000,000 cars each year - there really is no better place to get your MOT.
All work is carried out by our fully MOT trained vehicle technicians, using the latest workshop technology, tools and vehicle diagnostics equipment. Our team are ready to give you accurate and honest advice to help you get your car or van through its MOT as smoothly as possible.
You can even book your MOT online! Simply select from our network of dealers and choose a date and time that's convenient for you.
Or book by calling us on 0333 323 72 52
Why use Evans Halshaw for my MOT test?
- Approved VOSA testing stations
- All makes and models welcome
- Free Vehicle Health Check with every MOT
- Courtesy cars available
- Quick & Easy online booking
When do I need to book an MOT?
You can renew your MOT at any Stratstone Service Centre up to 1 month before it expires without affecting your annual expiry date.
Book an MOT
The overall condition, age and mileage are all varying factors that may impact the chances of an MOT 'pass'. However here is some infomation to help you prepare your car before the MOT test:
- Check your washer fluid and wipers are working
- Check your windscreen for damage - remember many insurance companies allow windscreen replacement without impacting your policy. Stratstone can also complete this work
- Check the horn is working
- Check all lights, indicators and hazards are working
- Check your tyre inflation levels are correct - your car's manual will list the correct levels.
- Check your tyre condition for damage and tread - the minimum is 1.6mm
- Check the condition of seat belts and ensure they engage properly
Other points to consider before the test:
- Make sure the boot is not full - the MOT tester may need to look into the boot to examine the rear suspension mounting.
- Make sure there is no bodywork damage that has left exposed jagged edges as this can result in MOT failure. You can book an appointment at any Stratstone Accident Repair centre to organise a bodywork inspection.
Book an MOT