Motability Coronavirus Update
The scheme is fully open for new and existing customers in England, Scotland and Wales.
What is Motability?
The Motability Scheme is the UK's leading car scheme for disabled people. Operated by the Motability charity, the scheme enables people with disabilities to exchange their mobility allowance to lease a new car. It is an affordable, convenient way for you to live a more mobile, more independent life.
Stratstone offer a range of Motability vehicles from premium brands including BMW and Mercedes-Benz. With a variety of cars available, including city cars, saloons, estates and SUVs, you can find the right vehicle for your lifestyle at Stratstone.
Your car can also be fitted with adaptations to help you access your car, drive, or store mobility aids, according to your tailored requirements. You may also nominate up to two named drivers for your vehicle.
Insurance, servicing and maintenance are pre-arranged and included in the price you pay. Cars in the scheme are covered by RSA insurance, RAC breakdown assistance, Kwik Fit tyres, and Motability's award-winning UK-based customer services team, providing you with complete peace of mind and a stress-free leasing experience.
Choose from leading manufacturers
Select a brand to see their full Motability car range.
How it works
Getting a brand-new new vehicle through the Motability Scheme is simple and straightforward. There are three simple steps to getting on the road with Motability:
- Find the right car for you by browsing our latest Motability offers.
- Find your local Stratstone retailer. All our dealers are Motability accredited and have trained Motability specialists on hand to assist with a test drive.
- Place your order. Our Associates will take care of everything for you, helping you with the paperwork and making sure you get the right car for you. An application has to be placed with Motability, and when it's approved, we can order your new car.
A Motability lease is for a 3 year duration. At the end of the term, simply drop your car off at the retailer where you picked up the car, and order a new one.
Are you eligible for the Motability Scheme?
Checking your eligibility for a Motability vehicle is simple and easy.
As long as you currently receive one of the below mobility allowances, and have at least 12 months award length remaining, you can join the scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
The Motability scheme offers worry-free motoring via an all-inclusive package.
The following benefits are included with a Motability lease:
- Maintenance and repairs
- Road tax
- Breakdown cover
- Windscreen cover
- BP Chargemaster Wallbox (with full electric vehicles)
With all of this included, you can enjoy a brand-new car every three years with a substantial mileage allowance of up to 60,000 miles over the term of your lease.
Order your Motability car through Stratstone
At Stratstone, we strive to make all of our retailers disability-friendly, with wheelchair access to all our retailers and disabled parking spaces available.
Once you're at your chosen retailer, our trained Motability specialists will talk you through all of your options and guide you through the necessary application paperwork before assisting you in ordering your new Motability car.