Motability Coronavirus Update
The scheme is fully open for new and existing customers in England, Scotland and Wales.
What is the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme is the UK's leading car scheme for people with disabilities. Operated by the Motability charity, the scheme enables people with disabilities to exchange their mobility allowance to lease a new car. It is an affordably convenient way for you to live a more mobile and independent life.
A range of premium and luxury cars from brands including BMW, MINI, Mercedes-Benz and smart are available from Stratstone. You can find the right vehicle for your lifestyle at Stratstone, with a variety of cars available including city cars, saloons, estates and SUVs.
Your car can also be fitted with adaptations, according to your tailored requirements, to aid you when it comes to accessing, driving or storing mobility aids in your car. Plus, you may also nominate up to two named drivers for your vehicle.
Insurance, servicing and maintenance are pre-arranged and included in the price you pay. Cars in the Motability Scheme are covered by RSA insurance, RAC breakdown assistance, Kwik Fit tyres, and Motability's award-winning UK-based customer services team; providing you with complete peace of mind and a stress-free leasing experience.
Choose from leading manufacturers
Select a brand to see their full Motability car range.
How it works
Getting a brand-new vehicle through the Motability Scheme is simple and straightforward. There are three simple steps to getting on the road with Motability:
- Find the right car for you by browsing our latest Motability offers.
- Find your local Stratstone retailer. All our dealers are Motability accredited and have trained Motability Specialists on hand to assist with a test drive.
- Place your order. Our Associates will take care of everything for you, helping you with the paperwork and making sure you get the right car for you. An application has to be placed with Motability, and when it is approved, we can order your new car.
A Motability lease is for a three year duration. At the end of the term, simply drop your car off at the retailer and order a new one through the Motability Scheme.
Are you eligible for the Motability Scheme?
Checking your eligibility for a Motability vehicle is simple and easy.
As long as you currently receive one of the below mobility allowances and have at least 12 months award length remaining, you can join the Motability Scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
What is included?
The Motability Scheme offers worry-free motoring via an all-inclusive package.
The following benefits are included with a Motability lease:
- Maintenance and repairs
- Road tax
- Breakdown cover
- Windscreen cover
- BP Chargemaster Wallbox (with full electric vehicles)
With all of this included, you can enjoy a brand-new car every three years with a substantial mileage allowance of up to 60,000 miles over the term of your lease.
Order your Motability car through Stratstone
At Stratstone, we strive to make all of our retailers disability-friendly, with wheelchair access to all our retailers and disabled parking spaces available.
Once you are at your chosen retailer, our trained Motability Specialists will talk you through all of your options and guide you through the necessary application paperwork before assisting you in ordering your new Motability car.