Keeping those with disabilities mobile, the Motability scheme offers a range of cutting-edge vehicles to lease, along with a host of adaptations to tailor the vehicle to the users exact requirements. This makes driving easier, more comfortable and a lot safer.
Adaptations include hand controls, pedal modifications, stowage systems and access aids. Discover more about these useful adaptations on this dedicated page.
- Ideal for those who find using pedals difficult, due to their disability
- Replaces accelerator and brake pedal with a pull/push device which is operated by hand
- *Can only be used with automatic gearbox vehicles
- Steering wheel ball recommended for hand controlled vehicles - making it easier to steer
- Ring or trigger accelerators attached to steering wheel also available
- Remote control devices for wipers and headlights also possible
- Modifications can be made for those who find the standard layout of the car difficult
- If mobility is restricted in right leg for example, a left foot accelerator can be fitted
- Pedal extensions also available for safer and easier operation of the vehicle
- Good for those who need to hoist a wheelchair or mobility scooter into their vehicle
- Either 2-way or 4-way hoists - depending on weight of your mobility aid
- These can take up considerable space, often needing seats to be folded - something to think about when choosing your vehicle
- Rooftop stowage units also available, if you need your boot for other storage purposes
- Transfer plates are available which are operated manually - self strength needed to lift in and out of the vehicle
- Electric person hoists are also available, but require a second person to operate
Contact Stratstone to find out more about your perfect adaptations
The Motability scheme has been making it easier for those with disabilities to stay mobile year after year. It is now possible to make adaptations to a wide range of vehicles from many leading manufacturers including BMW, MINI, Mercedes-Benz and smart.
Still need some guidance or help? Take a look at the links below, or contact your local Stratstone retailer today to find out more.