Land Rover Technology
Land Rover are renowned for having some of the best technology and features that the automotive world has to offer. And with such a range of luxury vehicles, it is no wonder that the brand has continuously upgraded their tech to fit with the times.
Infotainment systems are one of the key technological developments in cars nowadays, with manufacturers constantly bringing improvements and upgrades to ensure drivers have the best possible experience.
- What is Land Rover Pivi Pro?
- When was Pivi Pro introduced?
- What features are available with Land Rover Pivi Pro?
- How to use Pivi Pro
- How to reset Pivi Pro
What is Land Rover Pivi Pro?
Land Rover Pivi Pro is the latest infotainment system used in Land Rover vehicles. It is powered by two high-performing Qualcomm Snapdragon processors that have LTE models and Blackberry QNX operating systems fused into them to allow the processing to be as fast as possible.
This all-new touchscreen infotainment screen provides a variety of functions and features for you to use.
In Land Rover vehicles, InControl has previously been the infotainment system used but on newer vehicles, this has now been improved even more, which is where Land Rover Pivi Pro comes in. Bringing a wealth of entertainment and modern technology to driver's fingertips, Land Rover have made it easier than ever to stay connected on your journeys.
When was Pivi Pro introduced?
Pivi Pro replaced the previous system in 2022 which was Land Rover InControl. All Land Rover vehicles from the year 2022 and onwards will now feature Pivi Pro instead of InControl.
There are a couple versions of this infotainment tech that your vehicle could come with. The lower-spec Pivi is the starting point for this tech, but most of the newer models come with the higher-spec Pivi Pro.
The 'Pro' version just features a few more higher-end upgraded features compared with the standard Pivi system, but it is a good idea to check the specifications of the exact model you are interested in to be sure.
What features are available with Land Rover Pivi Pro?
There are a number of features available to you with Land Rover Pivi Pro that span over various categories such as entertainment, navigation, and safety. We've explored a few of them for you below.
- Automatic over-the-air (OTA) updates to keep all your maps and software up to date.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity as well as Bluetooth pairing.
- Wireless charging
- Secure Tracker and Secure Tracker Pro to help you track your vehicle at all times.
- Wide selection of applications including music, maps, phone for calls and messages, and weather.
- Pairing with the Land Rover Remote App to give instant access to safety services and status updates.
How to use Pivi Pro
Using the infotainment system is actually fairly simple, especially if you have a smartphone, as it is really very similar.
Firstly, you will need to set up your account and a data plan by using the Start Up Wizard service. Now, there are some different packs that you may have that can connect and use, including an Online Pack and Smartphone Pack.
For the Online Pack, go to the Pivi Pro app selection and find 'Connect Accounts' to get the apps you want. You should have a QR code provided with your pack or an email link sent to you that need to log in and get started.
With the Smartphone Pack, make sure your phone software is up-to-date, connect your device with a USB cable and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are unsure of how to do anything with Pivi Pro, you can download the Land Rover iGuide through the App Store or Google Play Store that basically acts as a virtual owner's manual for this software. It can help you discover more of the features that are available to you as well as troubleshoot more specific issues.
How to reset Pivi Pro
Resetting your vehicle's Pivi Pro is a fairly straightforward process, so we have listed the steps out below for you to follow.
- Select Park (P)
- For vehicles made before 2024, hold down the media power button which is on the volume knob in the centre of the vehicle's controls. For vehicles from 2024 onwards, you will not have this central button so hold down the phone button on the steering wheel.
- Hold down the button until the touchscreen goes blank. You will then see the Land Rover logo displayed on the screen.
- Let go of the button, and you will now be shown the initial welcome start-up screen, showing that the system has been reset.
Stay connected with Stratstone Land Rover
Infotainment technology is just one of the many ways that manufacturers are keeping their vehicles up-to-date. As you have seen, Land Rover is no different; staying ahead of driver's needs and wants to enable them to create class-leading technology within their vehicle range.
If you would like to find out more about what Land Rover can offer, get in touch with your nearest Stratstone Land Rover retailer. Alternatively, you can read more about new cars and features in our blog.