The Jaguar Lightweight E-type arrives at Stratstone's London showroom and decends into the depths of it's Mayfair Basement.
1. Monday, April 11th, 2016 - Jaguar Lightweight E-type No. 15 arrives, fresh from its shakedown run at Shelsley Walsh, to be placed in its new, temporary home - the downstairs VIP showroom at Stratstone Jaguar of Mayfair. So, how do you get a Jaguar into a showroom on busy Berkeley Street? The answer is… carefully.
3. Even though the Lightweight E-type is under wraps, you can't mistake its distinctive curves. But for the busy Londoners on their Monday lunch break, it will take more than an iconic silhouette to distract them from their midday meal.
4. Plenty of prestigious cars have driven through the narrow doors of Stratstone's Mayfair Jaguar showroom, but very few quite so unique - or valuable - as this special one.
5. Once inside, the car is carefully positioned over the showroom's elevator. Having been installed and in use since the 1960s, it's ideally proportioned for the Lightweight E-type.
6. It's a surreal sight as the Lightweight E-type disappears out of view.
7. The Lightweight E-type descends into the depths of Stratstone's Mayfair Basement.
8. This has to be one of the most dramatic unveilings for a Jaguar E-type.
9. No need for petrol power here. The Lightweight E-type is carefully pushed into place.
10. As you would imagine, Stratstone's latest addition attracts a lot of attention from the Mayfair showroom team.
11. Jaguar Lightweight E-type No. 15 feels perfectly at home in the VIP show space that was designed by Ian Callum.
12. Lights out, and Jaguar Lightweight E-type No. 15 beds in for the night. Welcome home.