Introducing the new EQE by Mercedes-EQ
The EQE by Mercedes-EQ is an all-electric saloon that comes loaded with intelligent technology and luxurious elements. A similar size to the E-Class, the EQE shares a multitude of features with Mercedes-EQ's first all-electric saloon, the EQS.
With an impressive range and a focus on design and comfort, the EQE is a superb vehicle for a number of lifestyles. Its swooping exterior lines and futuristic styling also provide a strong road presence that is sure to turn heads.
Launched in 2022, the EQE possesses a level of pioneering engineering we have come to expect from the EQ range.
Design and Practicality
Mercedes-EQ's development of their range does not mean they have abandoned their traditions. The usual high-quality and luxury design features have been transferred across to the EQE to create a magnificent vehicle.
The EQE features an EQS-inspired, striking one-bow exterior design, giving it futuristic and curvaceous lines. A number of elements can also be customised to suit your personal preference, including a choice from a range of 19 to 21-inch alloy wheels, to make each vehicle distinctive.
Step inside the cabin and you are met with an MBUX Hyperscreen, which spans the whole width of the dashboard. Elegant multicontour massage seats provide 10 massage programmes, offering maximum comfort and pleasure while out on the road.
The EQE's cabin is 90mm longer than the E-Class, so cabin space is not a problem, no matter where you are sitting. Luggage can also be easily loaded into the 430 litres of boot space.
Technology and Safety
As you would expect from a vehicle of the future, the EQE comes with a plethora of technology to enhance the driving experience. Interface design and functionality has been taken to the next level with the MBUX Hyperscreen - available from AMG Line Premium models, which gives both the passenger and driver access to individual OLED displays.
The latest 'Hey Mercedes' voice technology is also present, allowing the driver to use different functions whilst keeping their full focus on the road. If that is not impressive enough, the EQE can be connected to your home via smart technology, meaning you can turn on the lights or heating before you get in.
Other available features such as ATTENTION ASSIST, which analyses the driver's eyelids movements to monitor what they are looking at, ensure all occupants are as safe as possible.
Range and Performance
The EQE comes with a 90kWh battery pack that is capable of delivering 286bhp to the rear-wheels and up to 410 miles of range through its electric motors, meaning it competes well on the all-electric saloon market when it comes to performance.
Instant torque is a large talking point when discussing battery electric vehicles (BEVs), allowing cars to accelerate in impressive times. The EQE is no different, with launch models possessing 391lb ft of torque, resulting in a 0 to 62mph sprint time of 6.0 seconds.
The driving experience is as refined as you would expect due to a number of elements such as foam battery and motor surrounds to reduce vibrations and road noise.
There is no need to be concerned about charging times with the new EQE, as it is compatible with fast chargers of up to 200kW, meaning you can refill up to 80 percent of the vehicle's charge within 35 minutes.
Charging points are positioned around the United Kingdom to make charging more convenient whilst you are travelling. The 'Mercedes me Charge' mobile application provides access to a network of charging stations and allows you to plan your journey in advance for peace of mind.
Home charging points can be installed to significantly decrease charge times whilst at home, or you can use a normal 3-pin domestic socket, but this can take a considerable amount of time and may not be suitable if regularly driving the EQE.
- 19" alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted high-gloss
black with a high-sheen finish (code R39)
- Electric Art exterior styling
- Heat pump
- Static LED headlamps with Highbeam Assist
- Radiator grille with Mercedes-Benz pattern
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster display
- 12.8-inch media display
- MBUX multimedia system
- Parking package including Parking Assist and
- Ambient lighting – three dimming zones (all, ambient and accent),
variable brightness setting, 64 colours and ten colour moods
- Air Quality package
- ARTICO man-made leather steering wheel (black upholstery only) –
- Comfort seats
- Heated front seats
- THERMATIC automatic climate control with two climate zones
Key features in addition replacement to Sport Edition:
- AMG Line Exterior & AMG Line Interior
- Black 19" AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Panoramic roof
- Privacy glass
- Static LED Headlights with Highbeam assist
- AMG sport seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA mircrofibre black with red topstitch
- AMG Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather
- AMG brushed stainless steel sports pedals with black rubber studs
- Heated front seats
- Roof liner in black fabric and AMG floor mats
- 12.3-inch driver display and MBUX multimedia system with 12.9-inch OLED central display
- HEPA Air Filter
- Ambient lighting
AMG Line Premium
Key features in addition to AMG Line:
- 20" AMG 10-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Ambient lighting plus
- Driving Assistance Package
- Memory Seat Package
- Boot lid convenience closing feature
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- Urban Guard
AMG Line Premium Plus
Key features in addition to AMG Line Premium - image for illustration only
- 21" AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels
- AIRMATIC dual control - semi-active air suspension
- DIGITAL Light
- Heated windscreen
- Driving Assistance Plus Package
- Heat-insulating, noise insulating and infrared-reflecting laminated glass
- Radiator grill with Mercedes-Benz pattern
- Head up display
- MBUX interior assistant
- Remote Parking Package
- Acoustic Comfort Package
- Urban Guard Plus
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Burmester® surround sound system
Key features in addition to Premium Plus - Image for illustration only
- 21” 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Electric art exterior with Front apron with chrome trim in the upper and lower sections
- Rear apron painted in the vehicle colour with lower section in graphite grey metallic & chrome
- Side skirts painted in graphite grey with chrome inserts
- Electric art interior
- Heated steering wheel
- Comfort front head rests
- Comfort Seats
- Climatised Front Seats
- Heated Rear Seats
Enquire about the new EQE by Mercedes-EQ
Launched in 2022, the EQE is a fantastic addition to the expanding Mercedes-EQ range. Its striking design, efficient all-electric powertrain and bundles of technology allow you to get a car of the future, now.
Please contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer to find out more information on the EQE.