What is Minor Damage Repair Cover?
Minor Damage Repair Cover is an additional insurance policy that takes care of the cost of repairing any minor dents and scratches on your car's bodywork, helping to keep your pride and joy in top-class condition.
The benefits of taking out this type of cover include:
- Aids in keeping your car in showroom condition
- Helps maintain the residual value of your car
- Repairs are carried out by an approved, mobile paint technician
- Claims do not affect your motor insurance no claims discount
A one-off fee (you can also pay monthly) covers you for two or three years, allowing you to claim for several repairs during the term. More details about the claims process can be found in the product information document.
How does it work?
When you spot a scratch, dent or chip on your car's paintwork, you simply contact the insurance provider whose details will be on the policy document.
They will arrange for a qualified mobile SMART technician to assess the damage at a convenient time, at your home. Most repairs can be carried out during this appointment in less than two hours.
The insurance policy covers the entire cost of the repair, as long as it meets the criteria set out in the policy document.
Yes, as long as the bodywork is not perforated, bumper scuffs are covered under the policy.
No, repairs to windows, the windscreen and vehicle lights are not covered by Minor Damage Repair Cover. For a full list of items that are not covered please see the policy document.
Yes, you still need to insure your car in accordance with the law. Minor Damage Repair Cover policies are separate and do not affect your vehicle insurance.
For your vehicle to be eligible for cover, it must meet the following criteria:
- You must be the registered keeper and/or owner of your car
- The car must be no older than 10 years old at the start of the policy
- The car must be free from damage when cover is purchased
- The car's bodywork must not have been modified (e.g. aftermarket bodykits, wraps etc.)
Specialist bodywork finishes and vehicles used for commercial purposes are not eligible for Minor Damage Repair Cover. See policy document for a full list of exclusions.