What is Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance?
Punctures and kerbed alloys can really spoil the look of your car, and accidental tyre damage can occur at any time. It can also be a real unplanned dent in your monthly outgoings.
This is where Stratstone's Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance comes in. This additional insurance policy pays for repairs to your alloy wheels or tyres in the event of accidental damage, so you do not have to.
Here is what is covered:
- Insurance for 36 months with tyres covered for up to £200 and alloy wheels covered up to £150
- Up to 5 tyre repairs or replacements
- Up to 10 alloy wheel refurbishments
- Cost of materials and labour to repair, balance and re-fit a tyre
- Cost of materials and labour to repair the damage to the alloy wheel
More details can be found in the product information document.
What are the benefits?
Because alloy wheels and tyres can be damaged at any time during everyday driving, you are protected from any unexpected costs in the event of this happening to your car.
Other benefits include:
- Keeps your car looking its best
- Helps to maintain residual value
- Repairs can be carried out at your home
- Only approved, qualified wheel technicians carry out repairs
No, only accidental damage is covered by the policy.
Tyres need to be used at the correct pressure and have a minimum of the legal limit of tyre tread left on them. Incorrect wheel balancing and defective steering or suspension systems may invalidate your policy. Vehicles used for commercial purposes are not covered. Please see the policy document for more details.
Alloy wheel theft is not covered by Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance and should be claimed for through your normal motor insurance.
No, fire damage is not covered by Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance.