Introducing the MINI Electric
It is everything that you already know and love about MINI, only now it is electrified. The MINI Electric takes the legendary 3-door Hatch to a whole new level, and enables the future of electric driving to be experienced right now.
Coming in the unmistakable 3-door Hatch body style, the MINI Electric takes a familiar foundation and introduces a state-of-the-art electric powertrain to this iconic MINI shape, adding in bespoke details to signify its electric heart.
Contrasting colours ensure the MINI DNA is still evident, whilst luminous accents and a bespoke grille ensure onlookers will certainly sneak another look.
Design and Practicality
The beauty of the MINI Electric is that it looks very much like a MINI should, incorporating the typical contrasting roof and mirrors. Luminous details differentiate the electric-powered MINI from the rest of the Hatch range but it is still blindingly obvious that this car is, indeed, an iconic MINI.
Personalisation has always been a key attribute of a MINI and the MINI Electric is no different. Depending on which model is selected; Roof Rails, Active Cruise Controller, Sun Protection Glass, Piano Black Exterior and Satellite Grey Leather upholstery can all be added.
Boot space is the same as a regular MINI 3-door, offering an ample 211 litres, increasing to 731 litres with the rear seats folded flat.
Interior and Technology
Deploying retro style with quality execution, MINI interiors have always appealed. The simple operation also makes them a joy to use. With the MINI Electric, the interior changes slightly, depending on the specification chosen.
An 8.8-inch colour touchscreen infotainment display features within the hallmark circular control unit and is a focal point throughout the sophisticated and modern interior.
The newly-designed sports leather steering wheel, with multifunction buttons, comes as standard, enhancing the convenience drivers experience behind the wheel of the MINI Electric.
There are plenty of safety features and driver assistance systems with the MINI Electric. The optional Driver Assistance Pack, including lane departure warning and Active Cruise Control, ensure drivers can reach their destination safely.
Range and Performance
Being 100 percent electric, this special MINI uses no internal combustion engine and is powered by its 181bhp electric motor and lithium-ion battery. It is not just a pretty face either, as this particular MINI can travel up to 145 miles between charging.
The MINI Electric costs less to run than its petrol sibling and is also exempt from charges such as the London Congestion Charge, due to producing zero emissions.
The MINI is famed for its go-kart like handling but now with instant electric power, the MINI Electric is enhanced further as a complete and fun little package. It is not slow either, with 0 to 62mph taking just 7.3 seconds.
There are multiple options available when it comes to charging the MINI Electric. Charging at home is the most convenient method, however, is unfortunately not available for everyone.
Using a standard 3-pin plug socket at home to charge the MINI Electric will take it to an 80 percent state of charge in 12 hours. However, you can charge the car faster by installing a bp pulse Homecharge unit at home, which drops the charging time to under four hours.
If home charging is not an option or you need to charge whilst away from home there are thousands of public charging stations located around the UK. With public charging points rapid charging is available, allowing the MINI Electric to reach an 80 percent charge in just 20 minutes. The fast charging points would fully re-charge the electric MINI in around three to four hours.
- Moonwalk Grey metallic exterior paint colour
- 16" Electric Revolite Spoke ion Dark Grey alloy wheels
- MINI e-badge
- Roof and mirror caps in body colour
- Navigation Pack
- 8.8" screen
- Automatic dual zone air conditioning
- Sport leather steering wheel
- Cruise control with brake function
- Piano Black interior trim
- Satellite Grey headlining
- Sport seats with Double Stripe cloth upholstery in Carbon Black
- Ambient Lighting
- Interior lights pack
- Front and rear ISOFIX child seat attachment
- DAB tuner
- MINI Driving Modes
- MINI Navigation with 8.8” display including RTTI, Apple Car Play, MINI Connected and public charging locations
- Driving assistant pack (speed limit & traffic sign info, city collision mitigation for pedestrians, high beam assistance)
- Rear view park assist camera
- Comfort access
- Heated seats
- Rear parking distance control
- Additional paint and wheel options
- Part leatherette interior
Key features in addition to Level 2:
- Navigation Plus, includes Head Up Display and Wireless Phone Charging
- Front and rear parking distance control; includes park assist, so the car can park itself
- Adaptive LED Headlights with matrix function
- Panoramic sunroof
- Full leather interior – with 2 colour choices
- Additional paints and wheels available
Resolute Special Edition
- Rebel Green paint finish
- Pepper White contrast roof and mirror caps
- 18” Pulse Spoke black wheels
- Exclusive Resolute Bronze design elements
- Sleek styling in Piano Black
- Cloth/leatherette upholstery in Black Pearl
- Piano Black exterior
- Edition specific door sill finishers
- Exclusive Resolute foil finish on dashboard
- Cloth/leatherette in Black Pearl upholstery
Test drive the MINI Electric
Embrace the future of electric driving with MINI.
The MINI Electric keeps the main ingredients that have made the MINI so iconic from the start, only now it has welcomed electric power.
If there was ever a car that suited the quirky nature of electric power, and a new way of motoring, the MINI Electric is 100 percent the textbook answer.
Discover more by contacting your local Stratstone MINI retailer today to arrange a test drive, or to find out more.