New MINI Countryman Features
The Countryman has proven a fine addition to the MINI range, what with the current popularity of SUVs and Britain's love for the retro styling MINI incorporate with every new car they release.
Having entered its latest generation, the Countryman remains a versatile utility vehicle that has five seats and can transport the family around comfortably and safely. On top of this, it is now more efficient than ever, which comes courtesy of the latest engine technology; including a plug-in hybrid variant.
A generous specification list can be found across the range, and even boasts all-wheel drive if required. Keep on reading to learn more about the latest Countryman.
Design and Practicality
The retro styling we have all come to love can be seen throughout the design of the Countryman. The distinctive curves and quirky features that made the original Mini so iconic have been re-imagined for the 21st century.
Complementing the stunning looks are a number of eye-catching body colours, which are available with contrasting roof colours, graphics and unique trims.
A modular interior design makes daily life a lot easier. The three fully-fledged rear seats can be folded flat to create a 1,390-litre boot space. Of course, with the seats up, boot space is still very good at 450 litres. Meanwhile, passengers sat in the front or back will enjoy the generous amounts of head and legroom.
Technology and Safety
MINI Countryman is well-equipped across the range. Each model gets a 6.5-inch infotainment system that boasts super-intuitive menus and MINI navigation. Other useful features include Real Time Traffic Information, Apple CarPlay, ConnectedDrive Services (e.g. weather information).
Each car gets a multifunction steering wheel, which works effortlessly with the system itself. It certainly makes changing stations on the DAB Digital Tuner much more straight-forward. Drivers will also benefit from a rain sensor and automatic headlight activation, ensuring they can keep their eyes on the road when they are driving.
MINI Excitement Pack is included for good measure, and includes MINI logo projection, illuminated door handles and LED mood lighting.
Engines and Performance
MINI offer the Countryman with a wide range of engine choices, which seems appropriate given its flexible nature. There are three petrol options, a sole diesel, and the efficient Countryman Plug-in Hybrid.
The Cooper is delivered with a 1.5-litre petrol unit that produces 136bhp and can return up to 44.8mpg.
Those who want more poke will need to opt for the Cooper S, which produces 178bhp and delivers a 0 to 62mph time of just 7.4 seconds. All have an automatic gearbox.
Available in Cooper, *Cooper S, and PHEV (*Trim shown):
- MINI Navigation system
- MINI Connected Services
- Apple CarPlay
- Intelligent Emergency Call
- Bluetooth Hands Free Function & USB Audio
- 8.8” colour Screen
- Real time Traffic information
- DAB digital Tune
Key features in addition to Classic:
- Enigmatic Black Metallic Paint (£0 cost standard, other colours available)
- Silver roof & mirror caps
- MINI Yours Leather Lounge (Satellite Grey, Indigo Blue, Malt Brown available at no additional cost)
- 19” MINI Yours British Spoke alloys
- MINI Yours Nappa Leather Steering Wheel
- MINI Yours Floor Mats
- MINI Driving Modes
- Anthracite Headlining
- MINI Yours exterior badging
Key features in addition to Exclusive:
- Momentum Grey metallic paint
- 18” Untamed 2-tone Spoke wheels
- Signature “Untamed” badging
- Edition-specific sill finishers
- Piano Black exterior
- 3D printed side scuttles in Frozen Bluestone
- Exclusive illuminated cockpit fascia
- Exclusive MINI Yours Leather Lounge seats in Highland Green
- Roof rails in black
John Cooper Works
With a headline figure of 306 bhp being sent to all four wheels, the John Cooper Works is all about the sensation of driving. Specification includes:
- 18" John Cooper Works Grip Spoke alloy wheels in black
- John Cooper Works aerodynamic kit
- John Cooper Works sport exhaust
- John Cooper Works spoiler
- Performance Braking System
- Red brake calipers with John Cooper Works logo
- Torsen mechanical differential
Test drive the MINI Countryman
A large number of manufacturers offer a spacious SUV of some sort, such is the demand for them. However, very few of them can compete with the MINI Countryman when it comes to design and extravagance. Factor in the excellent levels of practicality, and this is one SUV that is well worthy of consideration.
Please contact your nearest Stratstone MINI retailer to arrange a test drive.