In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
a. "Participating Dealership" means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Pendragon PLC group of companies, trading as Stratstone, which are listed on www.stratstone.com/sell-your-car at the date you wish to make your appointment under clause 4.
b. "Vehicle" means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers excluding light commercial vehicles such as small vans and pick-up trucks, commercial vehicles and Trade Vehicles) that you wish and are legally entitled to sell;
c. "Valuation" has the meaning set out in clause 8;
d. "Appraisal" means a true report of the condition and prior use history of the Vehicle recording all material information including (but not limited to):
- Any exterior or interior damage;
- Any mechanical issues;
- Whether it runs;
- Its mileage;
- Whether it has been used for private hire, driving tuition, police car;
- The date and country of first registration and whether it is an import;
- The service history;
- The number of previous owners;
- The MOT and how many months remain until it is next due for an MOT;
- Whether it has ever been an insurance write off of any category;
- The number of keys;
- Any personalised registration plate;
f. "Offer" has the meaning set out in clause 10.
g. "Trade Vehicle" means a motor vehicle of any kind normally used on public roads which is being offered for sale by a commercially operating motor dealer, group, business or person or which the participating Dealership reasonably believes is being offered for sale for commercial gain.
2. You must make an appointment at a Participating Dealership via www.stratstone.com/sell-your-car or by calling 03333236399.
3. You must attend the appointment with the Vehicle and bring all paperwork relevant to the Vehicle including the V5C, proof of ownership, proof of the right to sell and evidence of any service history.
4. You must provide photographic proof of identity and proof of address being a utility bill or bank statement in each case being less than 3 months old at the date of your appointment.
5. The Vehicle must be subject to an Appraisal at the Participating Dealership, its condition recorded on an appraisal sheet and signed by you and us.
6. The Participating Dealership reserves the right to refuse to Offer to purchase a Vehicle that is a Trade Vehicle or where it reasonably believed that the customer has owned the Vehicle for less than three months at date of Valuation.
7. The Price will be sent by the Participating Dealership to its central pricing team who will issue an offer to purchase the Vehicle ("the Offer").
8. The Offer will be valid for seven days from the date of issue providing the Vehicle remains in materially the same condition as set out in the Appraisal.
9. If you accept the Offer, a purchase order will be raised which you must sign and the sum set out in the Offer paid to your nominated bank account by Bacs within three working days from the later if the date that the purchase order is signed by you or the receipt by us of all the necessary paperwork. Same day payment may be made if requested by 2.00 pm on the day you wish payment to be made and a £15 fee will be applied. This fee will not count towards the Valuation made in our Offer.
10. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
11. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit your statutory rights as a consumer.
12. The purchase of Vehicle will be subject to separate terms and conditions.