Introducing the smart EQ forfour
The smart EQ forfour provides optimal inner-city mobility for up to four people thanks to clever design and an excellent use of space. Its small proportions allow drivers to zip through city streets with three of their friends in style and comfort.
As an electric car it offers something different to the other small hatchbacks out there. The usable electric range means that you can commute in inner city or town traffic without producing any harmful emissions as you drive.
With charging points popping up across the country, as well as more widely available home charging options, there has never been a better time to invest in an electric car such as the smart EQ forfour.
Design and Practicality
It's hard to believe a car this size can be practical, but with more than enough room for four people (hence the name) this is a car that is compact on the outside and roomy on the inside.
While the luggage compartment isn't huge, the rear seats can be folded down to greatly expand the amount of available space.
Interior and Technology
Standard specification on all smart EQ models includes rear parking sensors, touchscreen satellite navigation and automatic climate control, ensuring that you're safe, comfortable and connected on the move.
Connectivity is further enhanced by the Bluetooth smartphone link that features Android Auto and MirrorLink technology, plus a DAB digital radio too. The infotainment also features a Charge Spot Finder - letting you know where the nearest EV charging stations are located.
Range and Performance
You can charge the EQ forfour up at home using a wall box, where it will take around six hours to get back up to full capacity. Alternatively, you can use a rapid charger which will charge the batteries from 10-80% in under 40 minutes.
On the road it feels very nippy when you're driving around towns and cities, with effortless, near-silent acceleration. Another benefit of the EQ forfour is its incredibly tight turning circle, letting you navigate in and out of tight spots with ease.
EQ forfour Models
Standard specification highlights:
- 15" four-spoke alloy wheels
- LED daytime driving lights
- Rear parking sensors
- Electric mirrors
- Armrest in front
- Height adjustable driver's seat and steering column
- Android Auto and MirrorLink
- smart Media-System - featuring navigation, high resolution 7-inch multitouch display,
- Charge Spot Finder, Bluetooth
- DAB digital radio
- Active Brake Assist, Crosswind Assist and Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Stability Program
In addition/replacement to passion advanced:
- 16" alloy wheels 5-twin-spoke painted black with high-sheen finish
- Draught stop (Cabrio only)
- Panoramic roof with sunblind (excluding Cabrio)
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, steering wheel bezel in
- anthracite and grey double stitching
- Brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
- Retainer belt on passenger seat
- Storage net on centre console
- Rearview camera
In addition/replacement to pulse premium:
- 16" alloy wheels painted black with high-sheen finish
- Full-LED headlamps with main & dipped beam plus integral indicator & daytime running lights
- Rain/light sensor
- Ambient lighting with indirect illumination of the front doors, the front foot wells and the centre console
- Automatically dimming interior mirror
- Door openers on the inside in matt chrome
- Velour floor mats in black
- Convenience and functionality features
- Heated seats for driver and passenger
- Dashboard and door centre panels in black fabric and accent trim in black
- Leather seats
Test drive the smart EQ forfour
Overall, the smart EQ forfour provides ample driving range as well as enough space and technology to make it the perfect urban vehicle - especially when you factor in the extremely low cost of ownership.
To experience all of what this excellent small electric vehicle has to offer, you really need to drive one. You can book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone smart dealership to do just that.