Introducing the BMW X3
The current generation of this all-round impressive SUV remains faithful to its tradition, demonstrating exceptional comfort and remarkable flexibility, while remaining sporty and efficient in equal measure.
The result is a vehicle that’s as suited to everyday driving as it is to more challenging adventures. While the exterior exudes typical muscular BMW X character, the interior inspires thanks to high quality materials and excellent levels of technology.
Discover in more detail what makes the BMW X3 such a popular choice for those looking for a premium mid-size SUV below.
Another handsome and powerful SUV from BMW, the X3 offers significant road presence along with showcasing a striking design language.
From the dominant, iconic BMW kidney grille, to the sharp, dynamic headlights, crisp contours flow the entire length of the body to finish effortlessly at the rear. The X3 is certainly sculptured to perfection.
Finished off with twin exhaust tailpipes and sports-focused design details which are incorporated in the entire SUV body, the X3 is brimming with confidence and poise.
Interior and Technology
Step inside this handsome SUV and you are greeted by an interior that doesn't disappoint, which is a tall order after such a strong exterior presentation. Multiple leather interior options ensure the X3 is a lovely place to spend time - the red leather option for example is truly stunning, with its contrasting black detailing.
A pin-sharp digital instrument cluster greets the driver, complemented by a glorious widescreen infotainment display. Both tie in effortlessly with the ergonomic and exquisitely finished switch gear. Spending time in the BMW X3 is a want, rather than a need.
Rear-parking sensors and a rear view camera are standard on all models, making parking this fairly large vehicle a remarkably simple task.
Economy and Performance
Both petrol and diesel engine choices are available in the BMW X3 range, along with a cutting-edge Plug-in Hybrid model too. Choose from a multitude of 2.0 and 3.0-litre petrol and diesel engines offering impressive performance. For example, the 3.0-litre diesel can hit 62mph in just 5.8 seconds, yet still deliver up to 40mpg.
How about even more power? The M40i features a 3.0-litre petrol engine offering 354hp, ensuring 0-62mph is taken care of in just 4.8 seconds, whilst delivering up to 30mpg.
The BMW X3 xDrive30e Plug-in Hybrid boasts 31 miles of pure electric range, whilst hitting 0-62mph in just 6.2 seconds.
Standard specification on the SE model includes:
- 18" light alloy V-spoke style 618 wheels
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Air conditioning, automatic with three-zone control
- Ambient lighting
- Bluetooth hands-free facility with USB audio interface (including Bluetooth audio streaming)
- BMW Live Cockpit Plus, comprising: – 8.8" Control Display with Touch Function – BMW iDrive 6 System (iD6) – iDrive controller with Touch Function
- Connected Package Plus
- Cruise control with braking function
- Drive Performance Control (ECO PRO, Comfort and Sport modes)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission, with gearshift paddles
- Exterior mirrors – electrically folding with anti-dazzle
In addition/replacement to SE models:
- 19" light alloy Y-spoke style 694 wheels, Ferric Grey
- Door sill finishers with BMW xLine designation, front
- Exterior trim, Satin Aluminium
- Interior trim, Black, High-gloss with Pearl Chrome finisher
- Kidney grille, Chrome with Matt Aluminium vertical slats
- Larger fuel tank
- LED foglights, front
- Luggage compartment loading sill in stainless steel
- Side sills in Matt Glacier Silver Metallic
- Sports seats, front
- xLine exterior styling with underbody protection
In addition/replacement to SE model:
- 19" M light alloy Double-spoke style 698 M wheels, Bicolour Ferric Grey
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional
- Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
- Interior trim, Aluminium Rhombicile with Pearl Chrome finisher
- Kidney grille, Chrome with Black, High-gloss vertical slats
- Larger fuel tank
- LED foglights, front
- M aerodynamic bodystyling
- M Sport braking system (xDrive30d only)
- M Sport multi-function leather steering wheel
- M Sport suspension
- Performance Control
- Remote control, including integrated key, with inset in Blue
- Side exterior M designation badges
- Sport seats, front
Arrange Your Test Drive in the BMW X3
With a confident exterior design language, complemented perfectly by comfortable and cutting-edge interior awaiting both driver and passengers, the BMW X3 is a textbook example of an excellent premium SUV.
Enhanced still by a superb array of engine choices, including a state-of-the-art plug-in hybrid version too, there is a lot to like about the X3. Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone BMW retailer today.