Introducing the smart EQ fortwo
smart vehicles have gone all-electric, making them even more perfect for the city lifestyle than ever before. Emission-free driving and more than enough power to zip through traffic makes them ideal for urban dwellers and inner-city commuters.
The fortwo is smart's most compact model, offering perfectly usable and environmentally friendly individual transport to those living in towns and cities.
It's available as both a coupe and as a soft-top cabrio, and the automatic gearbox and instant torque from the electric motor make the fortwo an enjoyable car to own and drive.
Design and Practicality
Because the fortwo is so uniquely compact - it's the smallest car on sale in Britain - it is fantastically manoeuvrable and extremely easy to park. You can snap up spaces that drivers of regular cars can only dream of.
Despite being a two-seater it has plenty of room inside - much more than you might think. Surprisingly boot is about the same size as any regular small family hatchback - you'll be amazed at what you can fit in there.
Interior and Technology
All models come as standard with rear parking sensors, touchscreen satellite navigation and automatic climate control - so the fortwo has convenience and comfort covered.
Connectivity is great too - the Bluetooth smartphone link offers Android Auto and Mirrorlink technology, and there is a charging station finder built into the infotainment system, helping you to stay informed about where you can charge up the fortwo's batteries.
Range and Performance
Electric vehicles always provide an entertaining driving experience, and the smart EQ fortwo delivers well on this front. The instant torque from the 80bhp electric motor gives you an exciting - and almost completely silent - burst of acceleration whenever and wherever you need it.
Charging at home takes less than six hours, although with a rapid charger you can go from 10 to 80% charge in as little as 40 minutes.
EQ fortwo Models
Standard specification on the entry level Passion Advanced model really isn't entrylevel at all.
- 15" four-spoke alloy wheels
- LED daytime driving lights
- Rear parking sensors
- Electric mirrors
- Armrest in front
- Height adjustable driver's seat and steering column
- Android Auto and MirrorLink
- smart Media-System - featuring navigation, high resolution 7-inch multitouch display,
- Charge Spot Finder, Bluetooth
- DAB digital radio
- Active Brake Assist, Crosswind Assist and Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Stability Program
Specification In addition/replacement to passion advanced:
- 16" alloy wheels 5-twin-spoke painted black with high-sheen finish
- Draught stop (Cabrio only)
- Panoramic roof with sunblind (excluding Cabrio)
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, steering wheel bezel in
- anthracite and grey double stitching
- Brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
- Retainer belt on passenger seat
- Storage net on centre console
- Rearview camera
In addition/replacement to pulse premium:
- 16" alloy wheels painted black with high-sheen finish
- Full-LED headlamps with main & dipped beam plus integral indicator & daytime running lights
- Rain/light sensor
- Ambient lighting with indirect illumination of the front doors, the front foot wells and the centre console
- Automatically dimming interior mirror
- Door openers on the inside in matt chrome
- Velour floor mats in black
- Convenience and functionality features
- Heated seats for driver and passenger
- Dashboard and door centre panels in black fabric and accent trim in black
- Leather seats
- Asphalt grey colour package
- Radiator trim in black
- High-gloss black car film at the sides specific to edition
- BRABUS front spoiler in high-gloss black
- BRABUS side sills in asphalt grey with accent trim in high-gloss black
- Air intake painted red and BRABUS air intake trim in high-gloss black
- Rear apron in asphalt grey with high-gloss black rear diffuser insert specific to edition with red highlights
- 16" alloy wheels BRABUS Monoblock XI in high-gloss black with red relief
- Door mirror caps painted in high-gloss black
- smart logotype at the front and rear in high-gloss black
- smart EQ fortwo logo in the mirror triangle and at the rear
- BRABUS shift knob specific to edition
- BRABUS black velour floor mats specific to edition with embroidered edition one logo
- Tri-top fabric soft-top in black (cabrio only)
Test drive the smart EQ fortwo
The best way to get a feel for the smart EQ fortwo is to drive one for yourself and experience all of the benefits of a small electric vehicle.
Combining all of the most desirable aspects of a city car with a near-silent, fun driving experience that costs very little to own and drive makes the smart the ideal inner-city companion.
Test drive the smart EQ fortwo at your nearest smart retailer to experience the future of urban motoring for yourself.