Introducing the Mercedes-Benz CLA
Offering four-door practicality, in an alternative Coupé or Shooting Brake body style, the Mercedes-Benz CLA-Coupé is for those who lust after the sleekness of Coupé or Shooting Brake styling in a car that very much keeps hold of some excellent practicality traits.
Discover more about this interesting addition to the Mercedes-Benz range below.
Sleek and dynamic looks help the Mercedes-Benz CLA Coupé and Shooting Brake stand out for all the right reasons. They are based on the A-Class hatchback, so already have the DNA for style.
Whereas the A-Class is a more commonly found hatchback the CLA offers a sleeker silhouette, both in Coupé and Shooting Brake form. The CLA Coupé flows beautifully toward the rear, whereas the Shooting Brake manages to do the same - despite its similarities to an estate car.
They do this by adopting more angular window designs and shaping of the body to give a much more aerodynamically and sleeker silhouette for a more unique overall look.
Interior and Technology
Just like its A-Class sibling, the Mercedes-Benz CLA features an interior full of state-of-the-art technology. The most striking part is of course the large digital instrument cluster and infotainment screen - ensuring that the CLA has one of the most attractive interiors available.
This is joined by turbine-style air conditioning vents and beautifully crafted switchgear for a truly minimal and uncluttered dashboard. Unsurprisingly, the CLA joins other Mercedes-Benz models in offering fine levels of quality and refinement with leather and Alcantara available in certain models along with sports focused seating and touches to complement the CLA's dynamic nature.
In terms of practicality, boot size is very good for a Coupé, offering an impressive 460 litres of space. The Shooting Brake is enhanced even further with 505 litres.
Economy and Performance
Petrol and diesel engines are available in the Mercedes-Benz CLA range. They comprise of three petrol engines, and one diesel option. Starting with the petrol versions, the CLA includes two 1.3-litre options, one with 136hp and one with 163hp. These are joined by a 2.0-litre with 224hp.
The diesel option is available in a 2.0-litre, which produces 190hp. The petrol engines are able to return up to 46mpg whilst the diesel is unsurprisingly more efficient, being able to return up to 57mpg.
In terms of performance, the most powerful 224hp 2.0-litre can get from 0-62mph in as little as 6.3 seconds - with the Coupé being slightly faster than its Shooting Brake alternative due to the being a slightly lighter car by 30kg.
Standard features on the entry-level CLA AMG Line include:
- DYNAMIC SELECT Eco, Comfort, Sport and Individual
- Exterior Mirror package with electrically-folding exterior mirrors and automatically-dimming driver’s side mirror and rear-view mirror
- Parking package with 180° reversing camera including
- 18" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG bodystyling:
- Diamond grille
- LED High Performance headlamps
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- 7-inch digital instrument display; 10.25-inch touchscreen media display
- MBUX multimedia system with DAB digital radio
- MBUX with hard-disk navigation and three years free live traffic information
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless charging
AMG Line Premium
Features in addition/replacement to AMG Line:
- KEYLESS-ENTRY (lock/unlock)
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- Illuminated ‘Mercedes-Benz’ door sills
- Rear armrest with two integral cup holders for drinks
- 10.25-inch digital instrument display
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Mercedes-Benz sound system
AMG Line Premium Plus
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium:
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electrically-adjustable front memory seats including
- Traffic Sign Assist
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz CLA
The Mercedes-Benz CLA offers text book sleek Coupé style, along with an impressive alternative in the form of a equally as sleek Shooting Brake. Both body styles ensure that practicality can still be incredibly stylish.
In true Mercedes-Benz style, technology and interior presentation is also cutting-edge and offers a fine place to spend time behind the wheel. Discover more about the CLA models below, or why not learn more about the AMG versions here.
Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today.