Introducing the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV and Coupé
Unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, the new generation Mercedes-Benz GLC offers a combination of phenomenal on - and off -road driving capabilities. Equipped with the latest generation of the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) multimedia system, innovative driving assistance systems and new economic petrol and diesel engines; the GLC provides an impressive driving experience.
Improved aesthetics and updated state-of-the-art technology, the facelifted version of the premium sports utility vehicle features noticeable changes.
Discover what's new below.
Muscular and sporty, the Mercedes-Benz GLC features an updated diamond lattice radiator grille, redesigned exhaust tips and a new paint colour - graphite grey. Individually, the design details have only been subtly revamped. However, as a an overall update, the appearance is sportier whilst the distinctive lines and muscularly sculpted surfaces reveal a strong off-road character.
The standard-fit LED High-Performance headlamps, torch-design daytime running lights and the heavily contoured radiator grille give the front end the impression of emotion, presence and dominance.
The inclusion of the AMG Line model impressively enhances existing features and displays a more aggressive overall look with the chromed diamond grille, angular exhaust tips and the front apron with the AMG signature design.
Interior and Technology
The innovative MBUX system is a new feature in the updated model of the GLC. The intuitive system enables interaction using voice control, gestures or touch. The intelligent interior assistant can determine whether it's the passenger or the driver making the command and make personalised adjustments accordingly.
An optional extra is the the Augmented Video which enhances the navigation by highlighting information such as traffic signs and house numbers on the multimedia display; improving the satellite navigation.
KEYLESS GO is a new standard-fit feature in the GLC; using the turbine-look start-stop button. An abundance of intelligent driving assistance systems are available when selecting the Driving Assistance Package (optional extra) help driving and maneuvering so much easier and stress-free.
Economy and Performance
Mercedes-Benz give customers the choice of both petrol and diesel powertrains when buying a GLC SUV or Coupé, that utilise the latest in combustion engine technology to offer a magnificent blend of performance and efficiency.
Diesel engine options include the 220d and 300d. Both are 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesels, but the 300d offers significantly more power and accelerates a reasonable amount quicker without sacrificing much in the way of economy.
The single petrol engine available is badged as the GLC 300, and comes with a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder that is supplemented by a mild hybrid electric motor for additional performance and economy.
Standard features on the entry-level Sport model include:
- 18" alloy wheels – 5-triple-spoke design
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera Aluminium roof rails
- DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes: Comfort, Eco, Sport, Sport+ and Individual
- EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electrically folding exterior mirrors
- LED High Performance headlamps with integral LED daytime running lamps
- Privacy glass
- Radiator grille with integral Mercedes star and two louvres in matt iridium silver with chrome inserts
- 10.25-inch touchscreen media display
- Floor mats
- MBUX voice control activated by keywords “Hey Mercedes”
- Heated front seats
- 3-spoke multifunction nappa leather steering wheel
In addition/replacement to Sport:
- 19" alloy wheels – AMG 5-twin-spoke design
- AMG bodystyling – AMG front apron with sporty air intakes and chrome trim element
- AMG diffuser-look rear apron with insert in black
- Diamond radiator grille
- AMG brushed stainless steel sports pedals
- Floor mats in black with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Instrument cluster with 5.5-inch multifunction display and surround in silver chrome
- Roof liner in black fabric
- AMG sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather/ DINAMICA microfibre
- Multi-function steering wheel sports steering wheel in black nappa leather
AMG Line Premium
In addition/replacement to AMG Line:
- 20" alloy wheels – AMG multi-spoke design
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Running boards
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- Augmented reality for navigation
- HDD navigation with navigation services including Traffic Sign Assist
- Mercedes-Benz sound system
- AMG sports seats in leather
- Smartphone integration comprising Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Wireless charging
AMG Line Premium Plus
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium:
- 20" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design
- Panoramic glass sunroof (SUV)
- Sliding sunroof (Coupé)
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- Memory package – driver’s seat, front passenger seat, steering column – electrically adjustable with memory. Includes exterior mirror with parking position
- Burmester surround sound system
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz GLC
Overall the new Mercedes-Benz GLC boasts a sportier, more dominant appearance than its predecessor and exceeds stricter emission requirements due to utilising Mercedes' new engine generation. Furthermore, the engines optimise the latest technology to lower operating costs whilst improving engine output.
The interior is sophisticated and equipped with Mercedes' cutting edge technology, including the new MBUX multimedia system, whilst the exterior benefits from a modernised facelift.
Take a look at the specs below, to discover your perfect Mercedes-Benz GLC. Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today.