Introducing the Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is a quite simply the benchmark for driving luxury.
Often the car that showcases some of the latest automotive technology we have become accustomed to in our cars, the S-Class is a car that leads the way and sets the standard.
Discover this trailblazing vehicle in more detail below.
Like many cars in the Mercedes-Benz range, the S-Class is available in a number of different body styles. The range comprises of the original luxury Saloon, accompanied by a dynamic Coupé and also a stunning Cabriolet.
As the flagship Mercedes-Benz saloon, the S-Class offers iconic limousine-like styling with the distinct design details Mercedes-Benz is renown for. A long bonnet, chrome details and premium yet reserved overall style ensure that class is evident in the S-Class name and presentation.
For those not needing the practicality of 4-doors, the S-Class Coupé offers supreme 2-door grand touring design, whilst the S-Class Cabriolet offers stunning open-air luxury design.
Interior and Technology
With a luxurious exterior design comes an equally impressive interior, full of incredible refinement, state-of-the-art technology, supreme material choice and an overwhelming ambiance of ultimate quality.
Nappa leather, fully-electric seats are complemented by massage functionality, seat heating and seat ventilation in the front seats. These are joined by stunning ambient lighting with a choice of 64 colours to ensure each journey can be tailored to suit an individual mood.
A fully-digital instrument widescreen cluster and infotainment screen ensure the S-Class offers a truly stunning cockpit experience, enhanced further with a Burmerster surround sound system. This is joined by an overall sense of supreme refinement, blocking out unpleasant exterior road noise to leave occupants with high-levels of interior comfort and tranquility.
Economy and Performance
With such a premium luxury vehicle comes an equal offering of powerful engine choices.
Due to the Saloon model's extended practicality with 4-door capability, both petrol and diesel engines are offered. These engines have a displacement of 3.0-litres and offer 286hp and 340hp in diesel variants offering up to 39mpg. Petrol alternatives happen to also be 3.0-litres in size and offer either 367hp or 435hp with up to 33mpg achievable.
The more dynamic Coupé and Cabriolet offer a 4.0-litre, 469hp petrol engine, which is capable of up to 27mpg. These models offer enhanced performance and are able to go from 0-62mph in just 4.6 seconds.
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- 20" AMG alloy wheels
- Active Parking Assist incl. PARKTRONIC and 360° camera
- AIRMATIC air suspension with level adjustment and Adaptive Damping System
- AMG bodystyling
- Closing aid for doors and boot lid
- Downward projection of Mercedes-Benz logo from the doors
- LED Intelligent Light System and OLED tail lights
- Front Seat Comfort package – active multi-contour front seats with dynamic and massage function Front Seat Memory package Warmth Comfort package – heatable armrests in centre console and doors; heated multifunction 3-spoke sports steering wheel in wood/leather finish (code L2D)
- Ambient lighting – choice of 64 colour settings
- AMG floor mats with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Burmester surround sound system
- Smartphone integration with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Wireless phone charging – front
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is the definitive answer for those looking for ultimate luxury. Available in a number of attractive body styles, the S-Class continues to be one of the automotive world's benchmark answers to luxury, technology and presentation.
Discover more about this particular car's specification below, or learn more about the S-Class hybrid model here, or for those wanting ultimate performance, the AMG version can be learnt about here.
Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today.