Introducing the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is quite simply the benchmark for driving excellence, exceptional luxury and supreme refinement. As the Mercedes-Benz flagship saloon, the S-Class is one of the most iconic models in Mercedes-Benz history and an automotive icon in its own right, due to the trailblazing, cutting-edge technology in which it showcases.
The S-Class is a car that sets the standard for Mercedes-Benz, with its technology often filtering through to other models in the range. The technology is so impressive that it sees other manufacturers try and replicate it in their models too.
Discover the pure excellence of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class in all of its splendour below and discover just what makes this particular car an automotive icon.
Design and Practicality
Class, a term in which the Mercedes-Benz S-Class emits with effortless ease. From the elongated limousine-like silhouette, to the iconic 3-pointed star being the focal point of the long bonnet, the S-Class sets the standard for the perfect luxury saloon.
As the flagship Mercedes-Benz saloon, the S-Class is the largest in terms of size and practicality. There is also the option to specify an S-Class in either a standard or long wheelbase specification.
A stunning appearance is complemented by clever weight saving and aerodynamic improvements. These comprise of the body being made with aluminium to reduce weight and measures such as flush door handles enable enhanced fuel economy.
Rear-axle steering also means the S-Class is easy to manoeuvre around tight city streets or narrow country lanes.
Technology and Safety
As the revolutionary model of the automotive world, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class is certainly not lacking unbelievable, cutting-edge technology and intelligent safety.
The second generation of MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) is debuted in the new S-Class; recognising, anticipating and predicting the intentions of occupants, via hand movements and body language. There is also a staggering 10 different massage programmes for the seats too.
Ambient interior lighting provided by 250 LEDs ensures the driver and passengers are in a realm of fine, luxury ambiance with a central 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen infotainment system at the heart of the cabin.
Featuring on higher specification models is a state-of-the-art augmented reality head-up display, which provides useful information in the driver's eye-line. There is also the Burmester® 3D Surround sound system, with sound personalisation, for the perfect audio experience.
Engines and Performance
Despite the S-Class' limousine like body, the car is still able to be just as agile as more compact Mercedes-Benz models. AIRMATIC air suspension is standard across the range, for supreme comfort, ironing out harsh road surfaces.
Both the short and long wheelbase S-Class are available with the choice of the petrol-powered S 500 4MATIC, with EQ Boost mild-hybrid technology, or a 2.9-litre diesel engine, badged S 350 d. Exclusive to the long wheelbase version is the S 400 d 4MATIC, which also utilises the 2.9-litre diesel unit. A plug-in hybrid S-Class is also available.
An almighty 429bhp is produced from the S 500 4MATIC, taking it from stationary to 62mph in 4.9 seconds. Meanwhile, the diesel variants are still powerful, with the S 350 d delivering 282bhp and the S 400 d 4MATIC 325bhp, whilst returning an impressive combined fuel consumption of up to 42.8mpg.
AMG Line Premium (short and long wheelbase)
- 20" AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke, painted in himalaya grey with high-sheen finish
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Parking package with 360° camera and remote parking
- Active ambient lighting with 10 colour schemes and 64 colours
- Climatised rear seats (long wheelbase only)
- Electric rear seats with Memory package and luxury head restraints (long wheelbase only)
- 12.3-inch 3D driver display
- Burmester® 3D surround sound system
- Sound personalisation
Long AMG Line Premium Plus
Key features in addition to/replacement of AMG Line Premium:
- 21" AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke, painted in himalaya grey with high-sheen finish
- DIGITAL LIGHT with ULTRA RANGE highbeam
- Heated windscreen
- AIR BALANCE package include fragrance diffuser
- Active multicontour front seats with inflatable air chambers and massage function
- Climatised front seats with 3 stages and seat heating plus
- Front ENERGIZING package including comfort programs
- Heated armrest in the front and rear doors and centre console
- Heated steering wheel
- Luxury head restraints with additional cushion for driver and front passenger
- MBUX augmented reality head-up display
Long AMG Line Premium Plus Executive
Key features in addition to/replacement of Long AMG Line Premium Plus:
- Chauffeur package with foldable/removable head restraint on front passenger seat
- Designer belt buckles front and rear with illumination
- Double sun visors with pivoting section
- Electric sun blinds in rear doors, left and right
- Electric sun blind in rear window
- Footrest on the back of the front passenger seat electrically extendable
- Front passenger seat adjustable from the rear
Enquire about the Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The iconic legacy continues with the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class as it has, yet again, set a new benchmark for supreme luxury, faultless refinement and incredible technology.
With a focus on driving pleasure and practicality also high on the agenda for the S-Class, Mercedes-Benz have once again gone above and beyond what is expected for the textbook luxury saloon car.
The scope for customisation and choice of various engines and specification options enable the possibility to create an S-Class perfect for you and your needs.
If you would like to learn more about the S-Class, please contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer.