Introducing the BMW 3 Series
Both an iconic car for BMW and an icon in its own right. The BMW 3 Series has been the textbook executive saloon car for many generations since its birth in 1975.
Living up to its reputation as a fine driver's car, the latest seventh generation model is now even more refined, responsive and a perfect evolution of the BMW 3 Series legacy.
But just how good is this latest generation? The 320d received a five-star rating in the Autocar Awards for 2019 - an accolade few cars receive. Let's take a look at the other reasons as to why the BMW 3 Series is still at the top of its game.
Design and Practicality
The latest BMW 3 Series saloon has evolved using a more emotive design language, whilst still holding onto and expressing the iconic 3 Series heritage and history.
It is still unmistakably a BMW 3 Series and adopts sharp flowing lines which complement the car's sculptured contours. This has ensured that the BMW 3 Series still features the solid foundations of the instantly recognisable silhouette and of course features a new take on the iconic twin kidney grilles, along with adopting a wider stance.
Available in a range of trims, including Sport, M Sport and M340i xDrive, each individual trim expresses its own unique style to ensure the 3 Series blends its iconic silhouette perfectly, no matter the version.
Interior and Technology
First impressions are everything, and the latest 3 Series is no exception, ensuring anyone who experiences the interior is taken back by fine material choice, ergonomic controls and state-of-the-art technology.
BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant ensures that driving any new 3 Series will be a totally tech-laden experience. Simply say "Hey BMW" to make your 3 Series perform multiple tasks quickly, easily and hands-free, making driving more inclusive than ever.
A brand-new digital instrument cluster, widescreen infotainment display and beautifully crafted interior switchgear ensure this is the slickest BMW 3 Series interior ever created.
Economy and Performance
Petrol, diesel and even Plug-in Hybrid Electric are all available in the extensive BMW 3 Series range.
For those wanting typical 3 Series excellent economy, a 320d will easily return over 50 mpg. If you are at the opposite end of the 3 Series spectrum and want unbelievable performance, then the the M340i offers a 3.0-litre petrol engine with 374 bhp, good for 0-62 mph in just 4.4 seconds, whilst still able to achieve 34 mpg.
Or how about having your 3 Series electrified... with the 330e Plug-in Hybrid you can. Travel around 35 miles on electricity alone, whilst having the convenience of a TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder petrol engine.
3 Series Models
Standard specification on the SE model includes:
- 17" light alloy V-spoke wheels
- Extended LEDs with eyebrow indicators
- Ambient Lighting
- Light carpet
- Parking Assistant with Rear View Camera and Reverse Assist
- Folding mirrors
- Sport leather steering wheel
- 8.8" Central Instrument Display
In addition / replacement to SE models:
- 18" light alloy V-spoke wheels
- Rear bumper with specific design elements in high-gloss Black
- Tailpipe trim in Black Chrome
- Door sill finishers in Aluminium, in front with BMW designation
- Sport seats in Vernasca leather
- Heated seats
In addition / replacement to Sport models:
- 18" M light alloy Double-spoke wheels
- M Aerodynamics package
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with Operating System 7.0 and Intelligent Personal Assistant
- M Sport brake with blue painted brake callipers with M designation (330i and 330d only)
- M door sill finishers
- M Leather steering wheel
- Interior trim finishers in Aluminium Tetragon
In addition / replacement to M Sport models:
- 19" M light alloy Double-spoke style 792 M wheels, Bicolour Cerium Grey with mixed and run-flat tyres
- Adaptive M suspension
- BMW TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder in-line petrol engine
- Cerium Grey finish, comprises: – Air inlets – Kidney grilles – Mirror caps – Model designation
- Exhaust tailpipes – square, dual
- Instrument panel in Sensatec
- Loudspeaker system – BMW Advanced
- Metallic paintwork
- M rear spoiler
- M seat belts
- M Sport braking system
- M Sport differential
- Sport automatic transmission
Arrange a Test Drive in the BMW 3 Series
With a selection of multiple power options, unmistakable design and cutting-edge technology, this all-new BMW 3 Series is still very much a text book answer if you are in the market for an iconic saloon car.
Discover the different models below to decide upon your perfect seventh-generation BMW 3 Series, or book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone BMW retailer today.