Introducing the Mercedes-Benz A-Class
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class offers excellent levels of comfort and luxury, boasting an assertive and stylish re-designed exterior, alongside a radically reinvented, state-of-the-art interior that's full of the latest technology.
It's available as both a hatchback and as a saloon model, depending on your bodystyle preference.
Discover this premium compact car's magic in more detail below.
Following on the Mercedes-Benz design philosophy of sensual purity, the A-Class features a sharp, detailed style that replicates the premium standard we have become accustomed to from the Mercedes-Benz range.
A sharper, sleeker body is utilised for both beauty and function, due to the car's minimal drag coefficient, which is excellent for a hatchback. This means the car is more efficient cutting through the air, allowing for greater economy. A Saloon version is also available if you require slightly more practicality.
A larger more dominant grille with the iconic 3-pointed star helps further aid aerodynamics too, complemented with a more angular headlight and taillight design. 16-inch alloy wheels come as standard, although selected models can be specified with larger 19-inch alloy wheels for those wanting to make more of a statement.
Interior and Technology
It is usually range-topping Mercedes-Benz models that showcase the company's new technology first. However, despite the A-Class being the entry-level Mercedes-Benz model, it is the first to feature the company's brand-new state-of-the-art digital instrument panel and infotainment set-up. This comprises of either a 10.25 and 7-inch screen, or a pair of 10.25 inch screens - depending on model chosen.
The usual wraparound dashboard has gone, instead opting for clean, simplistic set of screens for a modern and space-age feel. Being combined with turbine style fans for the air-conditioning and ergonomic switchgear, the A-Class interior is one of the most striking on the market.
Clever technology such as voice command and enhanced connectivity ensure the A-Class features one of the most appealing hatchback/saloon interior experiences on sale.
Economy and Performance
A handful of engine choices fill the Mercedes-Benz A-Class range, both available in petrol and diesel fuel variants. There is also a Plug-in Hybrid version to further complement the range.
A 1.3-litre with 136hp (available as a A 180, A 200, A 250e) petrol is joined by a more potent 2.0-litre 224hp (A 250) petrol. These petrol engines return between 35-47mpg. Furthermore a 1.5-litre 116hp diesel (A 180 d) is joined by a 2.0-litre 150hp (A 200 d) and a more powerful 190hp version (A 220 d). Diesel variants can return up to 64mpg.
For those who seek more performance, there is the AMG range of A-Class vehicles to choose from.
Finally a Plug-in Hybrid (A 250 e) offers 262hp and up to 256mpg combined - making it one of the most efficient hatchbacks on sale.
Standard features on the entry-level SE model include:
- Cruise Control
- DYNAMIC SELECT Eco, Comfort, Sport and Individual
- 16" alloy wheels
- Diamond grille
- Halogen headlamps with integral LED daytime running lamps
- Interior 180° reversing camera
- Air conditioning – THERMATIC single-zone climate control
- Comfort/Heated front seats
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather
- 7-inch digital instrument display; 7-inch touchscreen media display
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- DAB digital radio Hard-disk navigation
Standard features for the Sport model, in addition/replacement to the SE
- 17" alloy wheels – 10-spoke design, painted vanadium silver
- Chrome weather strip
- LED High Performance headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights Interior
- Air conditioning – THERMOTRONIC luxury automatic climate control, two-zone, with display
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, black topstitching and bezel in silver chrome
In addition/replacement to Sport
- Parking package
- Mirror package electrically-folding mirrors and automatically- dimming driver’s side mirror and rear view mirror
- 10.25-inch touchscreen media display Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™¹ Wireless charging¹
In addition/replacement to Sport
- 18" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG front apron with front splitter in chrome
- AMG side sill panels
- AMG rear apron with chrome trim and visible exhaust tailpipes
- Diamond radiator grille
- Privacy glass
- Sports seats
- Three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel in nappa leather with flattened bottom section and perforated grip area
AMG Line Executive
In addition/replacement to AMG Line
- Parking package
- Mirror package – electrically-folding mirrors and automaticallydimming driver’s side mirror and rear view mirror
- 10.25-inch touchscreen media display Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Wireless charging
AMG Line Premium
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Executive:
- KEYLESS-ENTRY (lock/unlock)
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Augmented navigation – a camera in the windscreen records the area in front of the vehicle and then superimposes highlighted information in the media display
- Front door sills – illuminated, with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Interior lighting – ambient lighting in 64 colours: all colours can be selected individually
- Mercedes-Benz advanced sound system, 225W
- Rear armrest with two cup holders
AMG Line Premium Plus
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Electrically-adjustable front memory seats
- Traffic Sign Assist – a camera scans speed limit signs, so navigation data always displays the current limit
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz A-Class
Sharp aerodynamics, cutting-edge style and one of the most striking interior experiences available, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class is certainly one of the most appealing hatchbacks on sale.
With a superb array of engine choice, including the all-important hybrid option, the A-Class is a car that receives top marks in the hatchback segment.
Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today.