Introducing the new Mercedes-AMG A-Class
AMG, a company created as a result of an overwhelming passion for motorsport. Their quest for ultimate performance has now been applied to Mercedes-Benz A-Class models, offering an exciting point of entry into the world of Mercedes-AMG, available in hatchback and saloon bodystyles.
There are multiple variants of the Mercedes-AMG A-Class too, each offering a unique blend of eye-catching exterior styling and remarkable acceleration and handling prowess.
On the inside, there are various features and design choices unique to AMG models that let you know you are driving something very much out of the ordinary. After being updated, the new A-Class is as distinct as ever.
A 35 4MATIC
Whether you like to operate under the radar, or let everyone know about your car's motorsport heritage and performance, you are well catered for with the Mercedes-AMG A-Class. Standard versions use subtle AMG body styling with a smaller roof spoiler, and a smoother approach to the overall style, perfect for those who do not want to shout about their performance.
Inside, there is a stunning digital instrument cluster and infotainment display, along with the beautifully crafted turbine-style air-conditioning vents. Detailing elsewhere in the cabin has of course been enhanced with a more motorsport-inspired theme and design, with sports-focused leather seats, too.
The A 35 models deploy performance through a new 2.0-litre mild hybrid petrol engine, producing 302bhp. This means acceleration from 0 to 62mph takes just 4.7 seconds, with a top speed of 155mph. Despite this impressive performance, the A 35 AMG can still return around 30mpg fairly comfortably.
A 45 S 4MATIC
The more powerful A 45 S 4MATIC and A45 S 4MATIC+ models also use a 2.0-litre petrol engine, only this time power is increased to 421bhp. The 0 to 62mph time is therefore dropped to just 3.9 seconds, with a top speed of 168mph. Economy is also impressive despite the power increase, with up to 32mpg possible on a combined (average) cycle.
A 45 S 4MATIC models are treated to a distinctive front apron, flared wheel arches, and power bulges on the bonnet to really hammer home the performance car look. A 45 S MATIC+ models include striking AMG Aerodynamic Packages, which feature a more aggressive front bumper design, canards, additional diffuser blade, side spoiler lips, and a large rear spoiler.
Inside, the driver and passenger are blessed with the full luxury motorsport experience. Stunning AMG Performance sports seats are available in a range of colours and designs, while the latest update integrates the advanced MBUX infotainment system within the onboard technology.
AMG A-Class Models
A 35 4MATIC Touring Edition
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – cross-spoke design, painted matt black with a high-sheen rim flange
- AMG Aerodynamics package – front apron with larger front splitter and additional flics in high-gloss black, AMG rear wing in high-gloss black, lateral spoiler lips around the simulated air outlets in the rear apron in high-gloss black and diffuser blade in high-gloss black
- AMG Night package I & II – AMG-specific radiator grille, darkened with vertical struts in black chrome, model badge on boot lid and wings in black chrome and Mercedes star at the rear in black chrome. Wing mirrors and door sills in black
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touchscreen media display
- Active Lane Keeping Assist¹
- Collision Prevention Assist
- Parking package with 180° camera
- Smartphone integration² including Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Wireless charging²
A 35 4MATIC Premium
Key features in addition/replacement:
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, aerodynamically optimised, painted matt black with a high-sheen finish
- AMG illuminated door sills with ‘AMG’ lettering and with exchangeable cover
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Sound system – Mercedes-Benz advanced sound system with 10 speakers and a total system output of 225 W
A 35 4MATIC Premium Plus
Key features in addition/replacement to A 35 4MATIC Premium:
- 19"AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, aerodynamically optimised, painted matt black with a high-sheen rim flange
- AMG Aerodynamic package – modified front splitter, additional flics on front apron, additional diffuser blade, side spoiler lips on rear apron and rear spoiler
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Panoramic sunroof
- Head-up display
A 45 S 4MATIC+ Plus
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – cross-spoke forged design, painted matt black with high-sheen rim flange (code RSZ)
- AMG A 45 S bodystyling – AMG rear apron with AMG-specific diffuser look with four vertical fins, side sill panels, spoiler lip on the roof spoiler, AMG-specific front apron and ‘S’ labelling on the boot lid
- AMG high-performance brake system with red-painted brake callipers and black AMG lettering at the front; ventilated and perforated brake discs
- AMG real performance sound
- Exhaust system – two round twin tailpipe trim elements each measuring 90 mm in diameter, AMG lettering plus ribbing on the inside of the pipe
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with driving modes Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual and RACE; AMG DYNAMIC PLUS including Drift mode
- Suspension – AMG suspension incl. AMG-specific axles and sporty spring/damper setup
- AMG Driverʼs package with top speed of 170 mph
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP®), three-stage
- Sound system – Burmester® surround sound system, 590 W
- AMG Performance Seat High-End package
- AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather/MICROCUT microfibre with AMG buttons
- AMG Track Pace
- Multi-Contour Seat package – multi-contour seats with inflatable air chambers in the lower backrest and in the side bolsters
- Pedals – AMG brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
Enquire about the Mercedes-AMG A-Class
An entry-level model in the world of AMG, but it is clear from the performance, styling, and technology that A-Class AMG models are anything but entry-level.
A number of different specifications can be chosen when deciding upon your perfect A-Class AMG. Contact your local Stratstone Mercedes-AMG retailer to find out more.