Introducing the Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA
The Mercedes-Benz GLA has been a success for the German manufacturers since it was introduced in 2014. Combining the driving manners of a regular hatchback with the practical nature of a larger SUV was always going to be popular, after all.
So, you have the fun driving dynamics and you have the versatility boxes firmly checked; but what about the drama? Thankfully, Mercedes-AMG have created the GLA 35 4MATIC, which certainly has you covered.
Keep on reading to learn more about the GLA 35 and what makes it worthy of the AMG badge.
GLA 35 4MATIC
An AMG is all about the sense of occasion, which is mostly created by the engine underneath the bonnet. In this case, it is a punchy 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit that produces an incredible 302bhp. Deployed through the innovative 4MATIC all-wheel drive system, the GLA 35 launches from 0 to 62 mph in just 5.2 seconds.
The dynamic performance can also lend thanks to the 8-speed dual-clutch transmission, which offers seamless gear shifts and optimal economy. The high-performance AMG 4-piston calipers and 350 mm brake discs ensure stopping power remains consistent and strong.
Inside, the flat-bottom AMG steering wheel and aluminium shift paddles are confident reminders that you are in a Mercedes-AMG.
GLA 45 S 4MATIC+ / Plus
Building on the already impressively GLA 35, the 45 S takes things a (giant) step further in several ways. Perhaps the most important is the power and performance, with engine output now 410bhp this compact SUV now boasts sportscar-beating levels of acceleration. 0-62mph takes just 4.3 seconds, and top speed is limited to 155 mph.
There are further visual enhancements too, with the AMG brake calipers painted in red, while the sportiness is accentuated by an AMG exhaust system, rear diffuser and roof spoiler.
There's a significant amount of motorsport character on the inside of the GLA 45 S. The ARTICO/DINAMICA sports seats hold you in place during hard cornering, and the non-slip AMG Performance steering wheel features F1-style steering wheel buttons.
- DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes
- Parking package – 180° reversing camera, Active Parking Assist
- 19" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG bodystyling
- AMG-specific radiator grille
- Exhaust system featuring an automatically controlled exhaust flap
- LED High Performance headlamps
- Privacy glass
- Mirror package
- AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather with cruise control and limiter
- THERMOTRONIC dual zone control air conditioning
- Heated front seats with three settings
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Sports seats
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touchscreen media display
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Hard-disk navigation and three years free Live Traffic information
- MBUX multimedia system with DAB digital radio
- Smartphone integration including AppleCarPlay and Android Auto
- Speed Limit Assist
GLA 45 S
In addition/replacement to GLA 35 Premium
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
- AMG DYNAMIC PLUS including Drift mode
- AMG suspension
- AMG Night package
- 20" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG Bodystyling
- Two round twin 90mm wide tailpipes with internal fluting and
- ‘AMG’ lettering and a wide rear apron
- Wider AMG side skirts and wider front wings with flared wheel arches
- Mirror package
- ‘AMG’ Illuminated door sills
- Ambient lighting
- AMG Performance seats
- AMG Performance
- Heated front seats
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- Parking package with 180° reversing camera
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC, including front and rear parking sensors
- AMG Drive Unit with Driver’s package
- AMG TRACK PACE
- Carbon-structure trim
- ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre – black/yellow
GLA 45 S Plus
- In addition/replacement to GLA 45 S
- Suspension with Adaptive Damping system
- 21" AMG alloy wheels – cross-spoke design
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Adaptive all-LED tail lights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Multi-Contour Seat package
- AMG High-End Performance seat
- Electrically adjustable front memory seats incl. lumbar support
- Blind Spot Assist
- Exit warning function
- Traffic Sign Assist
- Burmester surround sound system
- Carbon-structure trim
- Leather – black/yellow
Enquire about the Mercedes-AMG GLA
There can be no denying that SUVs of all shapes and sizes are the most popular vehicles on the market currently. So, why not enjoy one of the very best that has been brought to you by the exceptional engineers at AMG?
To learn more about this extraordinary SUV, please contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer.