Introducing the Mercedes-AMG GLC SUV
Delivering on-road performance that does not compromise on the qualities that make an SUV so desirable may sound like a challenge. Then again, this is the AMG division we are talking about.
Introducing the Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 and 63, the performance SUV (also available as a coupé) that makes every drive an event that will live long in the memory.
With our specialist knowledge of vehicle financing, our Mercedes-AMG GLC offers are exceptional.
Keep on reading to learn more about this fast SUV and what makes it so special.
GLC 43 4MATIC
The Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 may be considered the entry level AMG, but with a 3.0-litre V6 biturbo petrol engine kicking out 390 bhp, you would be mistaken for thinking this is not the entry level model at all. Combined with the clever 4MATIC all-wheel drive, GLC 43 dispatches the 0-62 mph dash in just 4.9 seconds.
Typical of AMG, the exterior enhancements are both sporty and striking. The 19-inch AMG alloy wheels look purposeful, while the large brake calipers with 'AMG' lettering and the exclusive AMG radiator grille complement the package.
Inside, drivers will enjoy the comfort of AMG sports seats and a multi-function AMG steering wheel.
GLC 63/63 S 4MATIC+
Taking it up a level is the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63, which utilises a completely different powerplant in the form of a 4.0-litre V8 biturbo that produces a hefty 476 bhp. Sharing the same 4MATIC all-wheel drive system as the GLC 43, this model only needs 4.0 seconds to get to 62 mph from a standing start.
GLC 63 boasts AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension, which tailors itself to the driving mode that has been selected by the driver. An AMG Performance exhaust ensures that ferocious V8 engine can be heard when pressing on, while features such as the MULTIBEAM LED headlamps, 19-inch AMG alloy wheels, ambient lighting and augmented reality navigation act as reminders that you are in an AMG vehicle.
Although it sports the same 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine as the standard GLC 63, the 'S' gets a power increase to 510 bhp; which reduces the 0-62 mph time to just 3.8 seconds. Power is deployed via a 9-speed automatic gearbox, which optimises power delivery and efficiency.
A number of enhancements can be found inside and out. The 20-inch AMG alloy wheels complement the AMG bodystyling, which includes a front apron, side skirts and rear apron with diffuser fins.
In addition/replacement to GLC AMG Line:
- Electrically-folding mirrors and automatically dimming exterior driver’s mirror and rear-view mirror
- 19" AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels
- AMG bodystyling
- AMG RIDE CONTROL air suspension
- Brake calipers with ‘AMG’ lettering and perforated front brake discs
- LED High Performance headlamps with integral LED daytime running lamps
- Two chrome-plated tailpipe trim elements
- Interior Lighting package
- Stowage package
- AMG floor mats with edging and embroidered
- ‘AMG’ lettering
- Front door sill panels with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Hard-disk navigation
- “Hey Mercedes” voice activation
- Instrument cluster with 5.5-inch TFT multifunction display
- MBUX multimedia system
- Reversing camera
- Electrically adjustable front seats
- Sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
Premium and Premium Plus packages available
- 19" AMG alloy wheels
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension for front and rear axles with continuously-adjustable damping
- AMG electronic rear axle differential lock
- AMG Performance exhaust
- Running boards
- Memory package – driver’s seat, front passenger seat, steering column – electrically adjustable with memory.
- Includes exterior mirror with parking position
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- Augmented reality navigation
- HDD navigation with navigation services including Traffic
- Sign Assist
- Mercedes-Benz sound system
- Smartphone integration comprising Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Wireless charging
Premium Plus Package Available
GLC 63 S
Features in addition/replacement to GLC 63
- 20" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG bodystyling – front apron, side skirts and rear apron with diffuser fins in matt iridium silver
- Brake calipers – red with ‘AMG’ lettering
- AMG Driver’s package – includes an increase to your vehicle’s electronically-limited top speed (174mph)
- AMG TRACK PACE – iOS smartphone app that records vehicle specific data (e.g. speed, acceleration) as well as lap and sector times for driver analysis. Enables video recordings via smartphone/GoPro to support sharing information via social media networks
- AMG Performance seats
- Crystal grey seat belts
- AMG Performance multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre in a 3-spoke design with flattened bottom section
- Steering wheel bezel in silver chrome with ‘AMG’ lettering, silver-coloured aluminium gearshift paddles and 12 o’clock marking
Premium Plus Package Available
Experience the Mercedes-AMG GLC SUV
The GLC 43 and 63 represent another exciting addition to the Mercedes-AMG roster, what with the intoxicating performance available that does not compromise on the practical qualities associated with SUVs.
To experience the Mercedes-AMG GLC SUV for yourself, please contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer to arrange a test drive.