Introducing the Mercedes-Benz GLS
Mercedes-Benz have always been the epitome of luxury and advanced technology, which reflects across their extensive range of passenger vehicles.
Introduced in the mid 2000s, the GLS SUV quickly became a successful addition to the Mercedes-Benz line up thanks to its elegant appearance that had been combined with a plush and versatile interior design.
The latest GLS-Class builds on the popularity of its predecessors by incorporating a host of advanced safety technologies and driver aids, which have been engineered to take the stress out of the weekly commute and keep everyone safe. Keep on reading to discover the other features that make the GLS a class leader in its segment.
Design and Practicality
There can be no denying the popularity of SUVs within the United Kingdom at the moment. And it so happens that Mercedes-Benz happen to make one of the best in the form of the GLS, which is a luxurious SUV that can comfortably seat seven people.
Across the range, each GLS comes with four-way electrically adjustable front seats, which means the driver will never struggle to find optimal comfort. Adults will find it easy to get comfortable in rear thanks to the exceptional levels of leg and head room.
Fitting a child's seat is straight-forward because of the standard isofix anchor points built into the second row of seats. Boot space is substantial, with 470-litres available with the third row of seats up. This grows to 2,400-litres with the rear seats folded flat.
Interior and Technology
Typical of the other models in the Mercedes-Benz line up, the latest GLS boasts intuitive technologies that have been designed to offer seamless connectivity and enhance safety.
The GLS-Class utilises the brand's MBUX infotainment system (Mercedes-Benz User Experience), which utilises a crystal-clear touchscreen alongside a natural voice control system. It also learns about the driver's habits and preferences throughout each journey and tailors the car accordingly.
A number of safety features are available. The Driving Assistance Package acts as a second set of eyes on the road, and can follow the vehicle in front during stop-and-go traffic, while maintaining a safe distance. The Parking package creates a 360-degree camera image on the infotainment screen to make parking a stress-free process.
Economy and Performance
Mercedes-Benz GLS is available with a sole diesel engine currently, which utilises a turbocharged 3.0-litre unit that produces 330 bhp and 516 lb/ft.
The only gearbox available is a beautifully engineered 9-speed automatic, which ensures the driver is in the optimal gear for maximum efficiency.
Power is transmitted to each wheel via the innovative 4 MATIC system, which uses a series of computers to monitor the grip at each wheel and distribute power accordingly. The end result is optimised grip in a variety of challenging road conditions. On a combined cycle, the GLS can return close to 33 mpg.
AMG Line Premium
- Parking package with 360°camera
- 22"AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels
- AIRMATIC air suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- MULTIBEAM LED Headlights with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Soft-close doors and EASY-PACK tailgate
- Memory package
- Burmester surround sound system
- Head-up display
- Heated front and rear seats
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- MBUX Interior Assistant
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather
- Seven seats, electrically adjustable
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
AMG Line Premium Plus
Standard specification (in addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium):
- 22"AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels, painted black
- Driving Assistance Plus package
- ENERGIZING Plus package
- Exclusive Trim package
- Additional trim elements on the back of the front seat backrests in anthracite open-pore oak wood
- Extended ambient lighting
- Map pockets in ARTICO man-made leather
- Climatised multi-contour front seats with massage functions
- Comfort front headrests
- Heated front and rear armrest
- MBUX Rear Seat Entertainment System:
- Two permanently-integrated full-HD 11.6-inch touchscreens with full-HD camera; sound reproduced by loudspeakers, headphones or Bluetooth headphones; connection options for USB-C, micro-HDMI, headphone jack (3.5mm) or Bluetooth
AMG Line Premium Plus Executive
Standard specification (in addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium Plus):
- 23"AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels, bi-colour design
- Climatised multi-contour rear seats with massage functions
- Dashboard and door beltlines in nappa leather
- Electric sunblinds in rear doors, left and right
- Heated nappa leather multifunction steering wheel
- Luxury centre armrest
- Luxury rear headrests
- MBUX rear tablet
- Seat heating for third row seats
- Seat on front passenger side electrically adjustable from the rear
- Sidebags in rear
- Temperature-controlled cup holder in the rear
- Wireless charging for mobile phones in the rear
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz GLS
Those looking for the ultimate blend of luxury and practicality in an SUV need to consider the Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class. The contemporary design is complemented by the technologically advanced interior, while the available engine suits this large SUV down to the ground.
Explore the latest offers above, or contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today to arrange a test drive.