Introducing the MINI Electric
It is everything that you already know and love about MINI, only now it is electrified. The MINI Electric takes the legendary 3-door Hatch to a whole new level, and enables the future of electric driving to be experienced right now.
Coming in the unmistakable 3-door Hatch body style, the MINI Electric takes a familiar foundation and introduces a state-of-the-art electric powertrain to this iconic MINI shape, adding in bespoke details to signify its electric heart.
Contrasting colours ensure the MINI DNA is still evident, whilst luminous accents and a bespoke grille ensure onlookers will certainly sneak another look.
Design and Practicality
The beauty of the MINI Electric is that it looks very much like a MINI should, incorporating the typical contrasting roof and mirrors. Luminous details differentiate the electric-powered MINI from the rest of the Hatch range but it is still blindingly obvious that this car is, indeed, an iconic MINI.
Personalisation has always been a key attribute of a MINI and the MINI Electric is no different. Depending on which model is selected; Roof Rails, Active Cruise Controller, Sun Protection Glass, Piano Black Exterior and Satellite Grey Leather upholstery can all be added.
Boot space is the same as a regular MINI 3-door, offering an ample 211 litres, increasing to 731 litres with the rear seats folded flat.
Interior and Technology
Deploying retro style with quality execution, MINI interiors have always appealed. The simple operation also makes them a joy to use. With the MINI Electric, the interior changes slightly, depending on the specification chosen.
An 8.8-inch colour touchscreen infotainment display features within the hallmark circular control unit and is a focal point throughout the sophisticated and modern interior.
The newly-designed sports leather steering wheel, with multifunction buttons, comes as standard, enhancing the convenience drivers experience behind the wheel of the MINI Electric.
There are plenty of safety features and driver assistance systems with the MINI Electric. The optional Driver Assistance Pack, including lane departure warning and Active Cruise Control, ensure drivers can reach their destination safely.
Range and Performance
Being 100 percent electric, this special MINI uses no internal combustion engine and is powered by its 181bhp electric motor and lithium-ion battery. It is not just a pretty face either, as this particular MINI can travel up to 145 miles between charging.
The MINI Electric costs less to run than its petrol sibling and is also exempt from charges such as the London Congestion Charge, due to producing zero emissions.
The MINI is famed for its go-kart like handling but now with instant electric power, the MINI Electric is enhanced further as a complete and fun little package. It is not slow either, with 0 to 62mph taking just 7.3 seconds.
There are multiple options available when it comes to charging the MINI Electric. Charging at home is the most convenient method, however, is unfortunately not available for everyone.
Using a standard 3-pin plug socket at home to charge the MINI Electric will take it to an 80 percent state of charge in 12 hours. However, you can charge the car faster by installing a bp pulse Homecharge unit at home, which drops the charging time to under four hours.
If home charging is not an option or you need to charge whilst away from home there are thousands of public charging stations located around the UK. With public charging points rapid charging is available, allowing the MINI Electric to reach an 80 percent charge in just 20 minutes. The fast charging points would fully re-charge the electric MINI in around three to four hours.
- Moonwalk Grey metallic exterior paint colour
- 16" Electric Revolite Spoke ion Dark Grey alloy wheels
- MINI e-badge
- Roof and mirror caps in body colour
- Navigation Pack
- 8.8" screen
- Automatic dual zone air conditioning
- Sport leather steering wheel
- Cruise control with brake function
- Piano Black interior trim
- Satellite Grey headlining
- Sport seats with Double Stripe cloth upholstery in Carbon Black
- Ambient Lighting
- Interior lights pack
- Front and rear ISOFIX child seat attachment
- DAB tuner
- MINI Driving Modes
Key features in addition to Level 1:
- British Racing Green metallic exterior paint colour
- 17" Tentacle Spoke alloy wheels in black
- Comfort Access System
- Driving Assistant
- Folding and auto-dimming mirrors
- Anthracite headlining
- Sport seats with Black Pearl cloth/leatherette upholstery
- Front centre armrest
- MINI logo projection
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Rear view camera
- Seat heating, front
- Storage compartment pack
Key features in addition to Level 2:
- MINI Yours Enigmatic Black metallic exterior paint colour
- 17" Roulette Spoke alloy wheels in two-tone
- Adaptive LED headlights with Matrix function
- Front Park Distance Control
- Harman Kardon Hi-Fi system
- MINI Head-up Display
- Navigation Plus Pack (with Concierge Service, MINI Connected XL and Bluetooth with wireless charging)
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Parking Assistant
- Sport seats with MINI Yours Lounge leather upholstery in Carbon Black
- Walknappa steering wheel with MINI Electric badge
Key features in addition to Level 3:
- Island Blue metallic exterior paint colour
- Multi-tone roof
- Black mirror caps
- 17" Electric Collection Spoke alloy wheels
- Piano Black Exterior
- Collection exterior graphics (bonnet and doors)
- Cloth/leatherette upholstery in Light Grey
- Aluminium interior trim
- Collection door sill finishers
Test drive the MINI Electric
Embrace the future of electric driving with MINI.
The MINI Electric keeps the main ingredients that have made the MINI so iconic from the start, only now it has welcomed electric power.
If there was ever a car that suited the quirky nature of electric power, and a new way of motoring, the MINI Electric is 100 percent the textbook answer.
Discover more by contacting your local Stratstone MINI retailer today to arrange a test drive, or to find out more.