Introducing the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon and Estate
Sophisticated and successful the C-Class Saloon is the best-selling saloon in the Mercedes-Benz new car range and the new models are even more impressive than their predecessors.
Updated design elements and high-tech features derived from the flagship S-Class, such as the second-generation MBUX infotainment system, enhance the new C-Class Saloon and Estate; ensuring the popular luxury car is modern and remains appealing to the market.
Exceptionally efficient engines with outstanding performance power the new C-Class range and each engine features an innovative mild hybrid electric vehicle (MHEV) system.
Design and Practicality
Exterior enhancements have been made to both the Saloon and Estate new C-Class models, yet they manage to retain their typical Mercedes-Benz design elements.
Capturing attention at the front of the vehicles is the iconic central star, whilst the sculptured surfaces and dynamic proportions simply make the new C-Class even more appealing.
Practicality is a key focus of the Estate model and, despite expressing a sporty aesthetic, it boasts a functional and spacious boot capacity of 490 litres, which can increase to 1,510 litres. Luggage space has expanded by 30 litres compared to the previous model.
Elegant and luxurious details do not stop on the outside of the new C-Class as the interior is equally as remarkable.
Technology and Safety
Technology and safety equipment is as you would expect in a Mercedes-Benz car, modern and intuitive.
Already a familiar feature in its larger sibling the S-Class, the new C-Class is equipped with the latest generation of MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) which is available with the optional augmented reality navigation system.
Split into two sections, the dashboard is slightly tilted towards the driver to reduce distractions and the high-resolution LCD screen is available in two sizes; 10.25-inch or 12.3-inch.
More advanced than ever, the Driving Assistance Package provides an on-the-road experience that is safer and more comfortable. Functions such as Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC, Active Steering Assist and Traffic Sign Assist are all included.
Engines and Performance
All petrol and diesel engines powering the C-Class models are accompanied by an integrated starter-generator (ISG), which uses a 48 volt on-board mild hybrid system to provide significant fuel savings, reduced CO2 emissions and an additional boost of 20bhp.
The petrol line-up consists of the C 200, utilising a 1.5-litre engine, and a punchier 2.0-litre engine, which is available in the C 300 Saloon; delivering 254bhp, taking the C-Class from standstill to 62mph in just 6.0 seconds.
Two diesel variants, sharing the same 2.0-litre engine, feature in the new C-Class range. The C 220 d produces 145bhp. Meanwhile, the C 300 d boasts the fastest zero to 62mph time of 5.7 seconds in the Saloon or 5.8 seconds in the Estate.
A plug-in hybrid version will also be arriving at a later date.
C-Class Saloon and Estate Models
- 17" alloy wheels – 5-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish (code R69)
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension, lowered by 15mm with selective damping
- Cruise control
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Load compartment cover including EASY-PACK safety net (Estate models only)
- Seat Comfort package – driver and front passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- THERMATIC automatic climate control with two climate zones
- 11.9" high-resolution multimedia colour display
- 12.3" digital instrument cluster display
- Active Blind Spot Assist
- Active Lane-Keeping Assist
- Fingerprint sensor
- MBUX multimedia system with extended functions and Navigation Premium
- Parking package with reversing camera
- Wireless charging system for mobile devices in the front
- Sports suspension with selective damping system, lowered by 15mm including Sports Direct Steer system
- 18" AMG alloy wheels – 5-spoke design, aerodynamically optimised, painted tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish (code RSJ)
- AMG front bumper with sporty air intakes and chrome elements
- AMG rear bumper with high-gloss chrome elements
- Braking system with larger brake discs on the front axle
- Exhaust pipes – two visible exhaust pipes integrated into rear bumper
- Privacy glass
- Radiator grille with Mercedes-Benz pattern and integral Mercedes star as well as louvre in matte iridium silver with chrome inserts
- AMG floor mats
- Dashboard in ARTICO man-made leather
- Sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather
AMG Line Premium
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke design, painted himalayas grey with a high-sheen finish (code RVA)
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- DIGITAL LIGHT
- Ambient lighting
- Illuminated door sills
- KEYLESS-GO – Keyless comfort access
- Memory package – driver’s seat, front passenger seat, steering column and exterior mirrors electrically adjustable with memory
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Parking package with 360° camera
AMG Line Premium Plus
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-double-spoke design, aerodynamically optimised, painted black with a high-sheen finish (code RVD)
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Head-up display
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control with four climate zones
Test drive the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon and Estate
Looking back to 1982 the Mercedes-Benz C-Class began its successful story of becoming the most popular model in the Mercedes-Benz new car range.
Continuing its legacy, the new C-Class has received modern enhancements to further accentuate the luxurious and sophisticated appeal.
Contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer if you would like to test drive the new C-Class Saloon or Estate.