Introducing the Mercedes-Benz C-Class
An icon not just for Mercedes-Benz, but also in its own right. The C-Class is a textbook answer for the saloon car, which has since been enhanced to include further body styles including a handsome Estate, stunning Cabriolet and striking Coupé.
Discover the different versions of C-Class below.
With multiple body styles, the C-Class still manages to keep hold of its unique identity. Sleek profound lines, meet the classic Mercedes-Benz style - one of which is related to class and premium.
The Saloon version is typically sophisticated, offering class and style in its approach. The Coupé is a much sleeker affair with a more angular and dynamic contour and flow toward the rear of the car. The Cabriolet casts a similar silhouette to its Coupé sibling, being able to change its appearance at the touch of a button - retracting the roof for those wanting to make more of a statement.
Finally, the Estate version offers enhanced practicality, but still returns its renowned sophisticated look, as documented via the C-Class over multiple generations.
Interior and Technology
Each interior of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class range offers a premium experience for driver and passenger alike. Depending on specification, the driver is presented with either a fully-digital display cluster, or a classic three-piece analogue instrument set-up.
Ambient lighting, ergonomic switchgear and attention to detail fill each dashboard and centre console with typical flair, whilst offering the very best in German refinement. A selection of leather choices are available for the seats, along with more sports focused options, again dependent on specification or body style.
Electric seats, digital displays and simplistic connectivity ensure each interior of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class range is a pleasure to spend time in.
Economy and Performance
For the Coupé and Cabriolet versions of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, a choice of two diesel variants are available. A 194hp C220d and a 245hp C300d, each with the option of 4MATIC all-wheel drive. The C220d can return up to 54mpg whilst taking as little at 7 seconds to go from 0-62mph. The C300d can return up to 49mpg and complete 0-62mph in just 6 seconds.
Alternatively, petrol versions - C180, C200 (with and without 4MATIC) and a C300 offer between 40-42mpg whilst hitting 62mph in as little as 6 seconds too.
For those who want extra grunt and drama, there is the established AMG range of C-Class vehicles to choose from.
The Saloon and Estate offer the same engines, with the added inclusion of a C300e petrol hybrid. This state-of-the-art offering enables the ability of up to 235mpg, as well as completing 0-62mph in just 5.6 seconds. More information on the hybrid can be found here.
Available as a Saloon and Estate only, standard equipment includes:
- 17" aero 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels
- Active Parking Assist including
- Headlamps – halogen with integral LED daytime running lamps
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Reversing camera
- Seat Comfort package
- Steering wheel – 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel, trimmed in leather
Also only available as a Saloon and Estate, the Sport features in addition/replacement to SE:
- 18" aero 5-spoke alloy wheels
- AGILITY CONTROL comfort suspension – lowered by 15mm
- Headlamps – MULTIBEAM LED
- Black steering wheel gearshift paddles (automatic transmission only)
- Sports seats in leather
- Steering wheel – 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather with trim in silver chrome and perforated leather in grip area
In addition/replacement to Sport:
- 18" aero alloy wheels
- Active Parking Assist including PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
- AMG bodystyling – front apron, rear apron and side skirts Diamond grille with integrated star – chrome pins
- DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of five driving modes
- New design Headlamps – LED High Performance headlamps with integral LED daytime running lamps Privacy glass – includes side windows rear of B-pillar and rear windscreen (Coupé only)
- Interior AMG sports seats in ARTICO/DINAMICA
- AIRCAP – wind deflector and draught-stop (Cabriolet only)
- AIRSCARF – neck-level heating system (Cabriolet only)
- Audio20 with 7-inch colour display and Media Interface
- DAB digital radio tuner
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- New 10.25-inch colour display SD card-based navigation system Seat belts – automatic seat-belt presenter for driver and front passenger
- Steering wheel – AMG design in nappa leather with touch controls and flattened bottom section
AMG Line Premium
In addition/replacement to AMG Line:
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with 84 individually-controlled LEDs, integrated daytime running lamps, Active Light System, cornering light function, motorway mode function
- 12.3" digital instrument cluster display – high-resolution instrument cluster screen with choice of three display styles
- Ambient lighting – interior 64-colour dynamic multicolour LED lighting
- COMAND Online system with Media Interface and touchpad.¹
AMG Line Premium Plus
Available with the Coupé and Cabriolet bodystyles only, this model features in addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium:
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- 360° camera
- Panoramic electric glass sunroof – (only)
- Burmester surround sound system
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz C-Class
If you require a premium car that makes a statement, but by making it in such a way that it is sophisticated and admirable, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class is the text book answer.
Practical, classy, sophisticated, refined, comfortable and attractive, no matter which body style of the C-Class interests you, this Mercedes-Benz can do it all. It is no wonder the C-Class has developed such a reputation for excellence. Discover the different models available below.
Book a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today.