Introducing the Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Iconic looks and legendary ability; the Mercedes-Benz G-Class keeps the traditional boxy SUV looks of the original 'G-Wagon', whilst completely enhancing the vehicle's capabilities, technology and refinement.
Make no mistake, this is a serious off-road vehicle that offers the renowned quality of a Mercedes-Benz on-road too.
Dominant presence and a unique appearance combined with sumptuously luxurious interior differentiate this instantly recognisable vehicle into a class entirely of its own.
Design and Practicality
Why change an icon? The latest generation Mercedes-Benz G-Class looks almost identical to the original silhouette, which was released over forty years ago.
Of course, the silhouette may well be similar, but this iconic SUV has been bought right up to date in terms of style. Flawless AMG alloy wheels finished in black, with a high sheen finish give the G-Class a confident stance and work perfectly with the chrome detailing on the dominant grille, side steps and rear wheel housing. It demands respect, but the G-Class is not over the top in its delivery.
Complemented by restyled body work, enhanced over the original with LED lights and more aggressive body kit, the G-Class is quite simply an icon remastered for the new-age.
Technology and Safety
For such a robust vehicle, associated with off-road adventures, the interior of the G-Class is spacious and superbly luxurious with plush leather, available in multiple colours. Brushed aluminium and of course the stunning dual-screen instrument cluster and infotainment display add to the ambience experienced within the cabin.
Five seats ensure there is plenty of space for all, with head room suitable for even the tallest of people. The G-Class also offers enhanced boot space, which is a impressive 667 litres increasing to 1,941 litres with the rear seats folded.
The G-Class certainly looks purposeful, which indeed it is, but the interior allows the driver and passengers to get supremely comfortable in the process.
Engines and Performance
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is available to order with one diesel engine choice in standard form. This comes in the shape of a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine, accompanied with 4MATIC all-wheel drive and a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission.
This engine produces a rather decent 322bhp and can reach 62mph from a standstill in 6.4 seconds.
In typical Mercedes-Benz form, there is also an utterly superb AMG model available with enhanced power and performance in the form of the G 63. Powered by a monstrous 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine, the G 63 can complete the zero to 62mph sprint in a ridiculously rapid 4.5 seconds.
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- Heat insulating dark tinted glass
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Metallic paint
- Parking package with 360° camera
- Privacy glass
- Rear mud flaps
- Side running boards
- Trailer coupling with ball-type head
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Ambient lighting – choice of 8 colour settings
- AMG Line leather interior
- Heated front and rear seats
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Memory seats, front
- THERMOTRONIC three-zone climate control
AMG Line Premium
Key features in addition to/replacement of Edition:
- 20" AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension with damping
- AMG Line exterior styling
- Brake calipers with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Electric sunroof – sliding, with one-touch opening
- Heated windscreen
- Burmester® surround sound system
- AMG floor mats with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Dashboard – leather-covered
AMG Line Premium Plus
Key features in addition to/replacement of AMG Line Premium:
- 20" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- Dashboard in nappa leather
- ENERGIZING comfort control
- Ionisation of interior air including fine-particle activated charcoal filter system
- Roof lining – designo black DINAMICA microfibre
- Ventilated multicontour front seats
Test drive the Mercedes-Benz G-Class
An icon remastered. The Mercedes-Benz G-Class takes the heritage and silhouette of the original and enhances the legacy to offer one of the coolest, most luxurious SUVs available.
Spacious and practical, but also ultra-stylish and refined, the G-Class is an SUV to make a statement in. Complemented by a strong diesel engine, the G-Class is a fine vehicle for urban life, or for when life is taken off-road.
Arrange a test drive at your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer to fully appreciate the sheer potential this vehicle has to offer.