Introducing the Mercedes-Benz GLA Plug-in Hybrid
GLA 250 e is the name of the plug-in hybrid (PHEV) version of the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Character, space and safety are still key features when it comes to the GLA 250 e, however, the plug-in hybrid vehicle also boasts all the benefits of a Mercedes-Benz with EQ Power.
Maximum efficiency, lower emissions and reduced running costs are just a few of the perks involved with an EQ vehicle. If you are a regular city driver, especially in London, a significant advantage of a PHEV model is the 100 percent cleaner vehicle discount within the London Congestion Charge zone.
Three exclusive model lines are reserved for the GLA 250 e and each feature a high-specification, with features such as the MBUX multimedia system, privacy glass and 19-inch AMG alloy wheels as standard.
Range and Performance
Impressively, 90 percent of everyday driving can be completed in all-electric mode, with zero tailpipe emissions, thanks to an all-electric range of up to 37 miles in the GLA 250 e.
When all-electric mode is not an option, a powerful and efficient 1.3-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine works in conjunction with the electric motor to deliver an economic and powerful drive, with a combined power output of 215bhp.
Accelerating from zero to 62mph in 7.1 seconds, the GLA Plug-in Hybrid returns an impressive 201.8mpg and the PHEV powertrain is accompanied by an 8G-DCT 8-speed automatic transmission.
Domestic plug sockets can be used to charge the GLA 250 e, however, the charging time is much slower than using a dedicated wall box. Charging the plug-in hybrid GLA, to full capacity, using a domestic socket would take around 5.5 hours compared to a much faster time of between 2 and 3 hours when using a wall box.
Simple, convenient and fast charging; the BP Chargemaster Homecharge unit is a great option if off-street parking is available at home or work.
Another method of charging is visiting one of the many public charging stations located around the UK.
GLA Plug-in Hybrid Models
- 19" AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish
- Parking package with 180° reversing camera
- Privacy glass
- Mirror package - electrically-folding exterior mirrors
- 7" digital instrument cluster
- 10.25" touchscreen media display
- MBUX multimedia system
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless smartphone charging
Exclusive Edition Premium
Key features in addition to Exclusive Edition:
- Keyless entry
- Pre-installation for trailer coupling
- Ambient lighting in 64 colours
- Illuminated door sills with 'Mercedes-Benz' lettering
- 10.25" digital instrument cluster
- MBUX augmented reality navigation
- Mercedes-Benz sound system
Exclusive Edition Premium Plus
Key features in addition to Exclusive Edition Premium:
- Multibeam LED headlamps
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Electrically-adjustable front memory seats with lumbar support
- Traffic sign assist - speed limit warning
Enquire about the Mercedes-Benz GLA Plug-in Hybrid
The addition of EQ Power transforms the practical Mercedes-Benz GLA into an even more efficient compact vehicle.
Suitable for urban drivers and rural commuters, the GLA 250 e makes complete sense in terms of economy and performance.
Learn more about the GLA Plug-in Hybrid by contacting your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer.