Introducing the Mercedes-AMG GLE SUV
Introducing the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53, another performance offering from the engineers at AMG.
Building on the practical dynamics provided by the standard GLE passenger vehicle, Mercedes-AMG have implemented a series of changes that have been designed to enhance the driving experience.
More than just changes to aesthetics, the hallmarks of AMG can be found coursing through the GLE 53's circuitry.
Keep on reading to learn more about this addition to the AMG catalogue and what makes it worthy of the iconic badge.
GLE 53 4MATIC+ 7 Seats
How many performance vehicles can you think of that can seat seven people in complete comfort and luxury? Rarely chartered territory, but AMG have excelled once again. Underneath the bonnet is 3.0-litre inline 6-cylinder petrol engine that produces 435 bhp. As a result, 0-62 mph takes just 5.3 seconds.
Acceleration is aided by two factors. The 9-speed automatic gearbox offers seamless gear shifts for optimised power delivery, while the 4MATIC all-wheel drive system ensures that none of the power is wasted.
An AMG Performance exhaust provides plenty of added drama when pressing on, while the 21-inch AMG alloy wheels join the AMG bodystyling features to complete the exterior makeover. To ensure body control is kept in check, AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension joins the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes.
GLE 63 S 4MATIC+
For those who will only entertain a performance vehicle that has a minimum of eight cylinders, arranged in the shape of a V, the GLE 63 S 4MATIC+ is here to answer the call.
Its monstrous 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine generates an almost outrageous 612 horsepower. This means that this full-size, seven-seat SUV can accelerate to 62mph from standstill in just 3.8 seconds, and onto a top speed of 175mph. Impressive numbers, and this level of performance makes overtaking an absolute breeze.
The "dynamic yet serene" experience, as Mercedes-Benz call it, is enhanced still further over the GLE 53 thanks to red brake calipers with 'AMG' lettering, and unique running boards.
DYNAMIC SELECT allows you to choose from Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and individual driving modes.
GLE 53 Premium
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension
- 21" AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels
- AMG bodystyling
- AMG side sill panels and AMG rear apron with diffuser look
- ‘AMG’ lettering on front brake calipers
- AMG Performance exhaust
- AMG-specific radiator grill
- ‘BITURBO 4MATIC+’ lettering on front wings
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Memory package
- Mirror package
- Front door sill panels with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Floor mats – with black leather edging and AMG logo
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather
- Third row of seats with four-zone THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- Wireless charging¹
- Parking package with 360° camera
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- MBUX multimedia system
- Red seat belts
- Urban guard vehicle protection
- Anthracite open-pore oak wood trim
- AMG nappa leather – black
Premium Plus Package Available
GLE 63 S
In addition/replacement to GLE 53 Premium Plus:
- DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes
- AMG Driver’s package
- AMG high-performance composite braking system
- AMG RIDE CONTROL+
- AMG Track Pace
- Suspension with adaptive damping system
- Red brake calipers with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Running boards
- Interior Chrome package
- Memory package
- Climatised front seats
- Dashboard and door beltlines in nappa leather
- DINAMICA microfibre roof liner in black
- Multi-contour front seats
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather/ DINAMICA microfibre
- Nappa leather dashboard and door beltlines
- THERMOTRONIC 4-zone climate control
- Driving Assistance package
- 12.3-inch touchscreen media display
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Head-up display
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Test Drive the Mercedes-AMG GLE SUV
The GLE 53 is an utterly superb SUV that is well worthy of the praise it has received so far. Luxurious, beautifully composed, technologically advanced, and ferociously fast; this is a text book Mercedes-AMG upgrade.