Introducing the 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
The E-Class provides supreme refinement, understated class and excellent practicality. Not a car to rest on its originality, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class has evolved over time and now presents a number of elegant body styles and specification choices.
It goes without saying that the E-Class is one of the most iconic models in Mercedes-Benz history. This is due to the car's versatility and practicality, offering copious amounts of space whilst still delivering fine luxury and refinement.
The well appointed aura displayed by each variant of Mercedes-Benz E-Class is complemented by state-of-the-art technology, along with a choice of powerful and economical engine options. Discover more about this acclaimed icon below.
Design and Practicality
Like many popular designs, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class has evolved over time to welcome multiple body styles. Therefore, an Estate, Cabriolet and Coupé join the saloon to offer a fully-comprehensive model line-up. There is even an All-terrain version too.
The E-Class gives greater size and practicality when compared to its C-Class sibling, with each body style offering a solution to varying lifestyles. Each E-Class makes a statement as a superb executive car with the Saloon and Estate perfectly conforming to the business class persona. The All-Terrain model ensures executive style doesn't need to stop, even if the road does.
The Coupé and Cabriolet appeal to the more the style conscious, presenting enhanced dynamic styling, sleeker two-door design and the pleasure of a convertible driving experience.
Technology and Safety
Featuring more space than previous generations, this latest chapter to the E-Class legacy goes even further once inside the cabin thanks to a number of sharp styling details and premium interior features.
The striking digital instrument cluster and infotainment screen combine perfectly with luxurious refinement and fine material choice to offer a supremely state-of-the-art driving experience. Interior ambiance is also exceptional, delivering superb levels of sound isolation for a truly luxurious driving experience.
Saloon and Cabriolet models give genuine five-seat occupancy, whereas Coupé and Cabriolet models feature four-seats due to their more dynamic body styles. Interior quality is excellent and any E-Class acts as a wonderful place to spend time, for both driver and passengers alike.
Engines and Performance
Petrol, diesel and hybrid engine choice is available in the Mercedes-Benz E-Class range. These differ slightly dependent on body style and specification.
E200 models feature a 2.0-litre petrol engine - complete with EQ Boost, which generates 197hp and returns up to 38.7mpg on a combined cycle. A diesel-powered E 220 d is also available, producing 194hp and returning up to 53.3mpg.
Moving up the range, E 450 4MATIC models feature 4MATIC all-wheel drive along with EQ Boost, for a total output of 357hp from a 3.0-litre straight-six petrol engine, returning up to 31.4mpg. An E 400 d 4MATIC is also available producing 340hp, whilst capable of up to 42.2mpg.
High-performance Mercedes-AMG models complement the range. Discover those models in our dedicated AMG section here.
- 17" alloy wheels
- EASY-PACK automatic powered tailgate (Estate only)
- Electrically folding mirrors and dimming rear-view mirror
- Headlamps – High Performance LED head and tail lamps
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension
- DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes
- Mirror package – electrically-folding mirrors and automatically dimming driver’s side mirror and rear view mirror
- Parking package – 180° reversing camera
- Ambient lighting, staged – 64 colours
- Heated front seats with partial electric adjustment
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Active Brake Assist/ Blind Spot Assist
- Cruise control and variable speed limiter
- Instrument display – high-resolution 12.3-inch screen with choice of three display styles
- MBUX multimedia system with DAB digital radio/MBUX voice control
AMG Line Edition
In addition/replacement to Sport:
- 18" AMG alloy wheels - 5-twin-spoke design, painted in tantalite grey
- AMG bodystyling – diamond radiator grille with chrome pins, silver-painted louvre and insert in chrome, front and rear apron, side sill panels
- Brake discs – perforated, with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Privacy glass for rear side windows and rear windscreen
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Edition:
- 18" AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish
- MULTIBEAM LED Intelligent Light System
- ARTICO man-made leather upper dashboard and beltlines with contrast stitching
- Black open-pore ash wood trim on centre console
- Black roof lining
- Brushed stainless steel AMG sports pedals with black rubber studs
- Floor mats with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Steering wheel – 3-spoke multifunction AMG steering wheel in black nappa leather with flattened bottom section, chrome inserts with touch-control buttons
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control system with three climate zones
AMG Line Premium
In addition/replacement to AMG Line:
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package – including hands-free access, automatic powered boot closing and keyless entry
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted in tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish (18" AMG alloy wheels for Hybrid only)
- Parking package including 360° camera
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
AMG Line Night Edition Premium Plus
In addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium:
- 18" AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish (Hybrid only)
- 20" AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black
- Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
- Front apron in high-gloss black
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Radiator grille with integral Mercedes star and two louvres in high-gloss black; trim elements on the rear bumper in high-gloss chrome
- Waistline trim strip in high-gloss black
- ENERGIZING Comfort package
- Memory package
- Burmester® surround sound system – 13 speakers and a 9-channel amplifier with total output of 590 watts
New Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Coming Soon to Stratstone
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class model range is as comprehensive as it gets for those looking for a luxury car that can still offer incredible levels of practicality, usability and desirability.
With an extensive choice of models, all offering supreme levels of design, luxury, refinement and cutting-edge technology - not to mention a fine choice of engines, the E-Class simply cannot be ignored for those who demand supreme luxury car excellence. Complemented by the iconic 3-pointed star and Mercedes-Benz ownership experience, it is no wonder the E-Class sets the standard in the luxury saloon, estate, coupé and cabriolet segments.
Contact your nearest Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer to find out more about your perfect E-Class.