Introducing the New Mercedes-Benz E-Class
The business front-runner of the Mercedes-Benz range has received a brand-new look, upgraded infotainment, and a new selection of powertrains in the form of petrol and diesel mild hybrids, and a plug-in hybrid.
Initially launched in 1953, the new E-Class has come a long way in terms of style and road presence, and although it has always been commended as a highly practical model, it is now more spacious and dependable than ever.
Levels of refinement are practically unmatched in its segment, and there is enough equipment and technology to keep you entertained no matter how long your journey may be.
Design and Practicality
The E-Class has always sported a sophisticated design from the inside out, which is one of the many reasons the model oozes so much character and refinement.
The wheelbase is slightly longer than the previous generation, which makes for more room in the rear. Although boot space has remained the same, there is still nothing to complain about, as the new E-Class offers an impressive 540 litres of luggage space in petrol and diesel models and 370 litres in the plug-in hybrid.
Technology and Safety
State-of-the-art technology is to be expected with a car as luxurious as the E-Class, and Mercedes-Benz has certainly delivered with the new model, thanks to an upgraded infotainment system and an abundance of new gadgets.
Higher spec models feature a new 'Superscreen' set up, which is powered by the Mercedes-Benz MBUX technology system and allows users to stream movies and access social media. There is no need to worry about getting distracted on your journey, either, as the system detects eye movements to ensure drivers are focusing on the road ahead at all times.
Safety is a high priority in the new E-Class, with technology such as brake assist, blind-spot monitoring, and an intelligent automated valet parking system.
Engines and Performance
Petrol, diesel, mild hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains are all available with the E-Class, and each has a 9-speed automatic gearbox and a choice of either rear or four-wheel drive.
Both petrol and diesel models are 4-cylinder 2.0-litre mild-hybrids, with the E200 petrol powertrain producing 201bhp and the diesel producing 194bhp.
The 2.0-litre plug-in hybrid model uses an 8.6kWh battery to achieve a pure electric range of around 62 miles.
There is also a 6-cylinder 3.0-litre diesel (E 450d 4MATIC) with 362bhp, good for 0 to 62mph in 4.8 seconds.
Performance is excellent in all models, with the plug-in hybrid being the most powerful and smooth to drive, and producing up to 376bhp.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Models
Key features of AMG Line:
- 18" AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish
- AMG Line bodystyling
- LED High Performance headlamps
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Mirror package
- Privacy glass
- Black roof lining
- THERMATIC two-zone climate control
- Blind Spot Assist
- Instrument cluster – high-resolution 12.3-inch cockpit display
- MBUX multimedia system with DAB digital radio
- Media display – high-resolution 14.4-inch central media display with latest MBUX generation
- Wireless charging
AMG Line Advanced
Key features in addition/replacement to AMG Line:
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted tantalite grey with a high-sheen finish
- DIGITAL LIGHT with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Backlit wood trim with laser-cut Mercedes-Benzstar pattern
- Illuminated front door sill panels with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Seats – Memory package
- THERMOTRONIC four-zone automatic climate control
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Parking package including 360° camera
AMG Line Premium
Key features in addition/replacement to AMG Line Advanced:
- 19" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, paintedblack with a high-sheen finish
- Acoustic glass
- KEYLESS-GO comfort access
- Active ambient lighting
- Burmester® 4D surround sound system
- MBUX Superscreen – passenger display with 12.3-inch screen diagonal and visual shield function, selfie and video camera
AMG Line Premium Plus
Key features in addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium:
- 20"AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- DIGITAL LIGHT with projection functions
- Illuminated radiator grille
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Climatised front seats
- 3D driver’s display
- Head-up display
- MBUX Interior Assistant
AMG Line Exclusive Edition
Key features in addition/replacement to AMG Line Premium Plus:
- 21"AMG alloy wheels – multi-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- EXCLUSIVE exterior
- EXCLUSIVE interior
- Multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather
- Velour floor mats
New Mercedes-Benz E-Class: coming soon to Stratstone
Offering electrified engines, aerodynamic design cues, and unrivalled levels of refinement, the new E-Class brings a whole host of benefits to the Mercedes-Benz range.
Brand-new design features paired with the latest innovative technology make the E-Class an impressive executive saloon that simply cannot be ignored when out on the road.
To discover more information about the new E-Class, including when it will be released, please contact your local Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer.