Introducing the new EQC from Mercedes-EQ
Introducing one of the most significant models in Mercedes-EQ history; the all-electric EQC SUV, the very first series production model in the Mercedes-EQ range.
Fast-charging capabilities and an impressive all-electric range are combined with excellent levels of practicality and a unique, electrified driving experience.
Representing a new driving style, yet retaining the core luxurious features that we all know and love, the EQC is unmistakably Mercedes-EQ.
Design and Practicality
Mercedes-EQ have labelled the EQC "the future of electric driving", and they have deployed a bunch of unique styling elements to help make the EQC distinctive on the road, but remain desirable at the same time.
The eye-catching wraparound LED light bars situated at the front and rear give a hint to the special drivetrain underneath, with other subtle elements around the EQC introducing a new direction in Mercedes-Benz design.
As a medium-to-large size SUV, the EQC is tremendously practical for everyday use. There is plenty of head and legroom in both the front and back, and the boot is an impressive 500 litres in size, which is only slightly less than what you will find in the more conventional GLC SUV.
Technology and Safety
Step inside the interior and it is business as usual for this state-of-the-art Mercedes-EQ model. A fine array of material choice is orchestrated with brand-new materials, combined with striking details such as rose-gold air vents and a metal surround finish on the instrument cluster.
This makes use of two high-resolution, customisable digital screens for the instrument cluster and infotainment; it really is a lovely place to spend time and everything is incredibly high-tech.
The remarkably responsive MBUX infotainment system is amongst the best in the business, controlling much of the vehicle's functions as well as the navigation and media.
Engines and Performance
As the EQC is fully electric, there is no internal combustion engine. Instead, an 80kWh battery powers the electric motors to produce a total power output of 402bhp.
Although the EQC is a sizable SUV, 0 to 62mph is completed in just 5.1 seconds and the EQC is able to cover up to 255 miles on a full charge, producing zero tailpipe emissions.
A compact electric motor features on both the front and rear axle to deliver impressive forward thrust and immediate power from standstill.
Absence of a petrol or diesel engine results in a near-silent driving experience in this all-electric SUV. This refinement adds to the luxuriousness already present inside the cabin.
Inevitably the all-electric EQC will eventually need charging, just like the conventionally powered petrol and diesel cars require refuelling.
Several options are available when it comes to charging, some more convenient than others, some more cost-effective than others.
If you have access to off-road parking at home or at work you can use either a domestic plug socket or a dedicated wall box to charge the EQC. To fully charge from 10 percent capacity you would be looking at approximately 40 hours, using a household socket. However, installing and using a dedicated wall box will dramatically reduce the charging time to just 11 hours.
Rapid-charging is available at public charging stations located around the UK, they usually require a fee but can charge the EQC from 10 to 80 percent capacity in as little as 40 minutes.
- 19" alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- Badge on the wing in high-gloss black with chrome stripes and blue ‘EQC’ lettering
- Black panel radiator grille with louvres and surround in chrome
- Comfort suspension – including self-levelling rear air suspension
- Front and rear LED light band
- Front apron with high-gloss black inserts and lower bumper section in black
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- Mirror package
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
- Privacy glass
- Blind Spot Assist
- MBUX multimedia system
- Mercedes-Benz sound system
- Parking package with reversing camera
- Ambient lighting
- Heated seats
- Seat Comfort package
Key features in addition to/replacement of Sport:
- 20" AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- AMG bodystyling
- Running boards
- AMG brushed stainless steel sports pedals with black rubber studs
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports seats in leather
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather with control panels in chrome, flattened bottom section and perforated grip area
AMG Line Premium
Key features in addition to/replacement of AMG Line:
- 21" AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels, painted black with a high-sheen finish
- Electric sliding sunroof
- Burmester® surround sound system
- MBUX augmented reality for navigation
- Smartphone integration utilising Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Wireless charging
- ENERGIZING package with ENERGIZING comfort programmes
- AIR-BALANCE package
AMG Line Premium Plus
Key features in addition to/replacement of AMG Line Premium:
- Parking package with 360° camera
- Head-up display
- Memory package
- MBUX Interior Assistant
Test drive the EQC
Are you ready to experience the future with the EQC from Mercedes-EQ?
As a fully-electric vehicle with no compromises on practicality or performance, this could be the SUV you have been waiting for.
Contact your local Stratstone Mercedes-Benz retailer today to arrange a test drive or to find out more.