Introducing the new Mercedes-Benz EQV
The EQV is the first fully-electric premium MPV produced by Mercedes-Benz. It also happens to be the second vehicle produced under the new Mercedes-Benz EQ electric series of vehicles (the first being the EQC SUV). The V in EQV refers to the Mercedes-Benz V-Class, the model on which the EQV is based.
"Intelligent electric mobility" - this is what the new Mercedes-Benz EQ product brand stands for. EQ represents the two Mercedes-Benz brand values of "emotion and intelligence" and includes all significant parts of customer-oriented electric mobility. The Mercedes-Benz EQV represents premium comfort and practicality, in a cutting-edge electric mobility package.
Discover more about this trailblazing MPV below and find out in more detail about this new era of electric mobility.
Design and Practicality
The new Mercedes-Benz EQV features design elements crafted especially for the EQ model range. A sharp and sleek black panel radiator grille ensures you know this is from the Mercedes-Benz EQ family. A specific exterior design package comes as standard in the Sport Premium and Sport Premium Plus model lines for extra eye-catching appeal.
Being based on the Mercedes-Benz V-Class, the exterior presence is vast with a style perfected by Mercedes-Benz in managing to be unsurprisingly premium without going over the top - understated class at its finest.
Also taking inspiration from its V-Class DNA, the Mercedes-Benz EQV is hugely spacious inside, accommodating seven occupants in each specification, whilst in Sport Premium and Sport Premium Plus, a table package is also included.
Technology and Safety
A 10.25-inch touchscreen sits proudly in the centre of the dashboard, acting as a hub for the technology and communication excellence at the heart of the Mercedes-Benz EQV.
This is perfectly complemented by voice control with "Hey Mercedes" allowing you to speak commands to the EQV; making driving easier and more personal.
Being a Mercedes-Benz, safety is treated as a top priority. Active Brake Assist, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist take the strain away from everyday driving and make driving safer and easier. These are complemented by an LED Intelligent Light System, which improves the driver's vision, automatically adjusting road surface illumination dependent on ever-changing conditions.
Airbags, windowbags and thorax/pelvis side airbags for driver and front passenger are also standard.
Range and Performance
Due to the EQV's state-of-the-art all-electric motor, which produces 201bhp, up to 213 miles is achievable on a single charge.
Performance is also credible for a vehicle of this size and nature, when you consider the Mercedes-Benz EQV's ability to carry seven occupants. It can complete the standard 0 to 62mph time in 12.1 seconds, whilst going on to a top speed (where legal) of 98mph.
Of course, being fully-electric, the Mercedes-Benz EQV has a single speed automatic transmission for ultra-easy operation.
On top of this, the EQV does not produce any tailpipe emissions so is better for the environment, compared to a petrol or diesel powered vehicle.
Install the bp pulse 7kW home charger for the most convenient method of charging the EQV. Simply plug the vehicle into the dedicated wall box to fully charge the all-electric MPV from 10 percent in 11 hours.
Alternatively, there are thousands of public charging stations located around the UK, some with rapid charging stations. In just 45 minutes the EQV can be charged from 10 to 80 percent, using a rapid charger at 110kW.
Download the Mercedes me Charge app on your smartphone to make charging even simpler. Mercedes me Charge enables access to fast-charging stations and highlights current availability as well as prices so there is no surprise when you arrive there.
- 17" alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design
- Mirror package – electrically folding mirrors and automatically-dimming exterior driver’s mirror and rear-view mirror
- Comfort suspension – for superior handling and quiet running characteristics.
- EASY-PACK tailgate with separately opening rear window
- Electric rear windows and electrically operating sliding doors
- LED Intelligent Light System with Highbeam Assist Plus, LED tail lamps, brake lamps and indicators
- 7 Seats package - Leather – black – 3-seater comfort bench and two individual rear seats Trim – wood-look, ebony, dark anthracite
- Illuminated door sills with ‘ Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Steering wheel – 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel, trimmed in leather
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control/TEMPMATIC – semi-automatic climate control in the rear
- EQV Driving Assistance package – Active Brake Assist, Active Parking Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Traffic Sign Assist
- Parking package with reversing camera 2-way speakers front and rear
- 10.25" touchscreen digital media display
- MBUX multimedia system with DAB digital radio and touchpad controller Mercedes-Benz sound system
Key features in addition to Sport:
- EQ Exterior Design package – black radiator grille with chrome fins and frame, LED Intelligent Light System in black, exterior mirrors painted high-gloss black, AMG spoiler lip painted high-gloss black and rear bumper sill cover strip in chrome
- Heat-insulating privacy glass LED Intelligent Light System in black with Highbeam Assist Plus
- Leather interior– black, Double stripe-look trim elements
- Parking package with 360° camera Smartphone integration utilising Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Table package – This includes the folding, movable table, cup holders located in the sidewalls to hold drinks securely in place.
- Memory package – electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, electrical adjustment of seat backrest angle, seat height and seat cushion angle, luxury head rests with electric height adjustment and front seat armrests
Sport Premium Plus
Key features in addition to Sport Premium:
- 18" alloy wheels – 5-spoke design
- AIRMATIC with full air suspension with additional ‘lift’ mode for added comfort, raising the vehicle up to 27 mm when driving between 0–16mph
- Burmester® surround sound system
Test drive the Mercedes-Benz EQV
In a world where the electric vehicle is becoming more and more popular, and certainly more and more impressive, the EQV is a fine debut electric MPV for Mercedes-Benz.
The EQV offers understated class, a trait Mercedes-Benz vehicles manage to do in complete ease and style. Complemented with state-of-the-art electric technology and performance, this premium MPV sets the benchmark.
With three specifications to choose from, all offering style and practicality at various levels, the EQV is a practical MPV that is at the forefront of electric technology.
Contact your local Stratstone Mercedes-Benz to arrange a test drive.